SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER (FULL STACK) - EXPERIMENTATION PLATFORM (Remote USA)
What you'll be doing
- Design, build, and support Discord's next generation experimentation platform - specifically, our configuration tooling and UX.
- Collaborate with external (sometimes non-technical) stakeholders and customers throughout the company
- Understand and influence product telemetry practices to support experimentation needs.
You'll Thrive in This Role If...
- You have 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer.
- 5+ years professional experience, or Ph.D in a quantitative field including Computer Science, Physics, Applied Math, Statistics, or other quantitative fields
- Experience with A/B testing and experimentation platforms, either through building and supporting the platform or running and analyzing experiments as a product engineer.
- You have experience in building user interface for data-facing products and applications.
- You have strong communication skills and the ability to work effectively with leaders in product, data science, and engineering.
- You thrive in ambiguous environments and get excited about figuring out solutions to complex problems, and then executing on them.
- Experience with at least one of the following languages or frameworks: Python/Flask, Typescript/React.
- Experience with cloud-computing platforms such as Google Cloud Platform or AWS.
- Full-stack development or product engineering experience.
New York City residents only: Minimum salary of $214,000/year + equity and benefits
*Note: Disclosure as required by NYC Pay Transparency Law
Colorado residents only: Minimum salary of $171,200/year + equity and benefits
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20).
#buildbelonging #LI-Remote #LI-Hybrid #LI-AR1
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 16+ paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO + use-what-you-need sick days
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- Volunteer time off
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees
Your application has been successfully submitted.