Industry GTM Director - Manufacturing and Industrials
Smart. Nimble. Strategic. Enthusiastic. Tenacious. Intrapreneur. Driven to Win. Passionate about enabling Customer, Partner, and Seller success. Experienced in Manufacturing & Industrials (M&I). If this describes you, then come help the Microsoft US Marketing and Operations Organization (MSUS M&O) lead growth and drive digital transformation for our US customers as the MSUS Industry team’s M&I Go-To-Market (GTM) Manager.
This is a unique opportunity to define industry marketing success for Microsoft US – and deliver on that vision. You will build and manage the reference industry marketing team as a founding leader in the organization. You will identify market opportunities, build capacity to scale, act as thought leader for M&I industries, and grow Microsoft’s market share. And you will drive measurable pipeline growth by giving sellers an edge, starting with Discrete and Process Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Energy, and Automotive, Mobility & Transportation.
People Management: Build and lead a high-performing and diverse team of Industry GTM Managers (GTMMs)
- Managers deliver success through empowerment and accountability by modeling, coaching, and caring.
- Model - Live our culture; Embody our values; Practice our leadership principles.
- Coach - Define team objectives and outcomes; Enable success across boundaries; Help the team adapt and learn.
- Care - Attract and retain great people; Know everyone’s capabilities and aspirations; Invest in the growth of others.
- Define success criteria and performance metrics, such as Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs); tracks performance against success metrics and proactively act on performance.
Set GTM Strategy & Activate Partners: Define, build, and execute integrated GTM strategy for MSUS M&I industry
- Creates and orchestrates integrated GTM plans across business groups, marketing, sales, consulting, customer success, and partner functions, supporting One Microsoft, cross-functional execution.
- Lead collaboration with GPS to recruit, enable, and deliver at scale through industry-leading partners.
- Drive 100% engagement in must-win accounts; Drive co-sell pipeline; Align industry investments across M&O.
- Develops competitive strategies to drive target market share gains, and actively manages relevant stakeholders.
Get Buyers Ready to Buy: Drive customers’ intent to purchase
- Empower teams to act as thought leaders in their areas of expertise; Be the spokesperson for MSUS M&I industry at events, in webinars, and through blogs and whitepapers.
- Deliver industry programs and campaigns to create, accelerate, and close pipeline; Adjust strategy and investments based on growth data, pipeline, and revenue performance.
- Amplify customer wins through advocacy and reference programs.
Get Sellers Ready to Sell: Empower sellers to have better customer conversations
- Take accountability for M&I results including: pipeline, close rate, customer value delivered, and lighthouse wins.
- Contribute to and evangelize industry content for sellers; Own MSX Content strategy alongside central marketing.
- Contribute to the success of relevant business group programs and leverage them for M&I campaigns.
- Be agile and responsive to the market (trends and outcomes) and the field (seller and partners).
Other: Delivering value to our Customers, Sellers, Partners, and Shareholders
- Reduce organizational friction, drive consistent communications and collaboration, and discover and unblock field pain points through community connection.
- Build scale relationships with CMO (GTM execution), GPS (ISV solutions), BGs (Programs)
- Provide deep customer insights, market insights, competitive insights, sales pipeline and performance data for M&I to leadership as part of the rhythm of the business.
- Provide Industry Advisory services as part of a comprehensive Industry as a Service offering.
- Be data driven by gathering information on competitors’ pricing, sales, and methods of marketing and distribution.
- 8+ years marketing strategy, business planning, sales enablement, business development, technical pre-sales, or related work experience.
- Proven ability to lead people across organizations toward a common purpose
- Track record of effective executive, customer, and partner communication
- Working knowledge of and experience selling/marketing to customers of M&I industries is preferred.
- Effective storyteller capable of distilling and conveying technical concepts to inspire customers, partners, and sellers.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, teamwork, and organizational skills
- Ability to contribute consistently and positively in a high-paced and sometimes unpredictable work environment
- Is self-aware and has negotiation and conflict-management skills
- Results oriented team player who leads by example, holds themself accountable, and takes ownership
- Analytical thinker with a can-do attitude and flexibility to accommodate to evolving business needs
- Experience in working with clients at the CXO levels with deep impact in industries is a plus
- The ideal candidate thrives in a matrix environment
- MBA or similar graduate degree, or equivalent experience, nice to have
- Impact and influence
- Cross group collaboration
- Drive for results
- Lead and manage change
- Customer and partner focus
- Analytical, problem solving, and decision making skills
- High personal accountability for self and others
The salary for this role in the state of Colorado is between $148,000 and $222,000.
At Microsoft, certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Your application has been successfully submitted.