Community Go To Market Directors - Modern Work and Security
***We are hiring for 2 roles - one that will focus on Modern Work and the other Security***
We are part of the US Marketing & Operations (USM&O) which is the ‘Marketing and COO’ function for Microsoft United States (MSUS). US M&O executes company strategy and priorities that enable us to achieve our business goals with a focus on B2B customer engagement by developing and executing go-to-market programs (GTMs), Marketing Campaigns, and a Field Operating Model.
We’re looking for both a Security and a Modern Work Community GTM lead to partner with our area sales and consumption leadership and worldwide stakeholders to facilitate strategic improvements with our US field sales teams. The Community GTM lead will be responsible for field readiness, measuring retention & account churn, ensuring we have headcount investments aligned in the right way, and representing the SCI M2 community on comp plan feedback, issue remediation and community listening/feedback channels to key stakeholders.
This role will be highly collaborative with the Product Marketing, Segment and Programs teams, and the Worldwide solution area teams.
- Actively leads and engages with all stakeholders across the area/subsidiary for One Microsoft orchestration. Leads regular cadence of connections with field teams and WW stakeholders and acts as representative from the field sharing insights back to the business from the community.
- Community GTMMs will need to work across the organization in a variety of areas – recruitment, compensation advisory, investment strategy, always on hiring, onboarding, skilling, employee experience, role ownership and more to provide real time feedback for improvement towards our goals.
- Ensure communities are resourced appropriately and headcount allocated according to defined coverage models.
- Ensure appropriate hiring for incremental HC and net new investment roles. Work with AOH, BSO and Field to remove barriers to hiring
- Work with WW on OU demand & capacity models; Align with WW HC investments and identify risks and issues; work with OUs to enable and operationalize
- Ensure role/hiring guides meet business needs and that hiring activities source target talent
- Ensure we have effective end-to-end sales and consumption capabilities that are “fit-for-purpose” for the MSUS business and our customers.
- Build inventory of Readiness for communities and build a recommended strategy for execution by assessing if communities are 'fit for purpose’; equipped & enabled to execute against solution-aligned motions.
- Partner with US BG and WW teams to ensure clarity around landing FY23 SA Core Priorities & business measures; Provide voice of M2 leaders to build, land, and tune GTM and priority Sales Plays and voice blocker
- Support the long-term health of the community through engagement, education and advocacy.
- Serve as the voice of the community on key strategies and issues including compensation, readiness need, landing quality and effectiveness of motions, etc.
- Represent and advocate for compensation models that best align to the US market, our market penetration, and acceleration needed
- Support the health of MSUS sales and consumption activities and the attainment of goals through our field communities.
- Drive Field Roundtables for Voice of Field
- In addition to voice of community, use data analysis for recommendations and measuring retention and account churn
- Provide input to Improve Tooling capabilities
- Support Change Management for transformation efforts and provide Health Insights to Communities
- Establish WW STU/CSU ROB and integrate with Field and BG teams to execute
- 8+ years marketing strategy, business planning, sales enablement, business development, technical pre-sales, or related work experience
- A passion for technology and the ability to clearly articulate solutions in a business and customer-centric manner; knowledge of cybersecurity or Modern Work solutions preferred
- Strong data-driven acumen to analyze business performance, identify market opportunities and develop relevant insights from data.
- Ability to work with a broad spectrum of stakeholders at leadership level, collaborate effectively, and lead large extended teams
- Excellent communication, presentation & interpersonal skills, experience in presenting to and communicating with senior leaders
- Ability to thrive in ambiguous business situations, be open to ‘building the plane as we fly it’
- Embrace and live Microsoft culture, with unwavering commitment to diversity and inclusion
- This role may require some domestic travel
The salary for this role in the state of Colorado is between $148,000 and $222,000.
At Microsoft, certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Your application has been successfully submitted.