Indirect Tax Specialist(Remote United states)
Organization: Corporate Functions/Finance
Location: Chicago, Atlanta, San Francisco, Seattle, Dallas, NY, DC, Philadelphia and Boston.
Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries, we offer Strategy and Consulting, Interactive, Technology and Operations services — all powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 674,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
People in the Corporate Function contribute to the running of Accenture as a high- performance business through specialization within a specific functional area, and grow into internally focused roles by deepening their skills and/or developing new skills within an internal functional area.
Finance professionals prepare and interpret financial plans and reports, ensuring accuracy and compliance with applicable financial rules and regulations, including internal financial controls, to mitigate risk for the company. Finance professionals may also shape and execute client deals to maximize the use of Accenture's capital and resources, manage cash and/or liaise with the investor community.
What We’ll Bring
At Accenture, we’re transforming leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements combined with the way we collaborate, operate, and deliver value provides unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance your career. As part of the Corporate Functions organization, you will contribute to the running of Accenture as a high-performance business through specialization within the US Indirect Tax group.
Our US Indirect Tax team is looking for a forward thinking, technologically inclined tax professional to work with our leading-edge group.
What You’ll Bring
- Detailed knowledge of Vertex O Series
- One to two years of experience in Sales, Use, Gross Receipts, and/or Property Tax
- Advanced analytical, organizational, and planning skills
- Understanding/experience with advanced data analytic tools (Alteryx, Tableau, IDEA, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of MS Office suite of Products
- Excellent time management, attention to detail with an ability to quickly shift focus for competing priorities/demands
- Willingness to cultivate strong cross-functional relationships and communicate effectively with team members and business partners
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related discipline
Impact You’ll Make
- In the first 90 days you will focus on learning our processes around Sales/Use, Gross Receipts and Property Tax compliance, become familiar with our tax research tools and how we use them, learn, and become familiar with our systems/software – all with an eye towards improvement and learning. Our team always wants to be better, and we look forward to your ideas and contributions
- Beyond 90 days you will begin diving deeper into our software tools and current capabilities, analyzing/interpreting tax laws (including tax rate changes), assist with gathering data and associated reconciliations for Indirect Tax audits, work with our team to develop Sales/Use Tax audit defense strategies, and begin to identify and implement process improvement opportunities with the US Indirect Team – especially with respect to utilization of technology
Accenture’s Internal Job Title
- This position will report to our Senior Manager of US Indirect Tax
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- 1+ years of experience indirect tax
- 1+ years Vertex O Series experience
- 3+ years of experience Sales, Use Tax
- Strong knowledge of MS Office suite of Products
- Like to work both independently and as part of a team
- Feel comfortable talking with senior managers
- Have a strong attention to detail
- Can work creatively and analytically to solve problems
- Demonstrated leadership in professional setting; either military or civilian
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting; either military or civilian
As required by Colorado law under the Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, Accenture provides a reasonable range of compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. For the state of Colorado only, the range of starting pay for this role is $90,288 - $148,900 and information on benefits offered is here.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Together, we deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity. Let there be change.