UX Engineer II
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Are you passionate about bringing people into a future where every file they’ve created is available anytime, anyplace, and on any device? Are you excited about enabling organizations to better connect with the content they care about and the people they work with? Are you obsessed with creating products that are simple, useful, and delightful? So are we.
What We Do
The OneDrive and SharePoint team is revolutionizing cloud storage, team collaboration, content management, and information sharing for consumers and enterprises. We are a big and fast-growing service with a passionate customer base, large developer ecosystem, and close partnerships across Azure, Windows, and Office 365. We are quality-focused and data-informed, measuring our outcomes to prove we deliver value to customers.
The UX Engineering team, seated within the OneDrive and SharePoint Design Studio, bridges our world-class Design and Engineering teams. Our charter is to ensure that OneDrive and SharePoint’s experiences are usable, beautiful, and performant across every platform.
We are part of a diverse team of Designers, Researchers, and UX Engineers who are committed to fostering an inclusive and equitable workplace where all people and ideas are welcomed. Most of our team is local to Redmond, Washington, but we have a significant presence in Canada, China, and India. We all contribute directly to OneDrive & SharePoint.
We’re looking for an experienced UX Engineer to join our product team in Vancouver, B.C. to help make OneDrive the best place to store, organize, and share photos and videos. The ideal candidate has deep technical experience with web technologies, along with a demonstrated ability to work side-by-side with designers and other engineers to preserve design integrity throughout the product development lifecycle. This person should “get” designers and how they work, with a clear understanding of design practices: interaction design, usability, visual design, and motion; and merge these with established engineering practices: dev design, internationalization, code reviews, quality assurance, etc.
- Required Skills & Qualifications
- 3+ years of shipping production software
- Strong communication skills. Ability to work well in a collaborative team environment
- Passion for improving quality, performance & reliability of engineering systems
- Strong coding, debugging, algorithm design, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage yourself and others to meet deadlines
- Ability to identify problems or inefficiencies, propose solutions, & drive demonstrable improvements
- Familiarity with SCRUM and Agile methodologies
- A passion for photography is a plus!
- Legally permitted to work in Canada
Technical Skills & Qualifications
- Expert-level skillset in HTML/CSS/SCSS/JS
- Experience with modern web technologies (React, TypeScript, node, npm, webpack, etc.)
- Familiarity with software engineering patterns & practices
Preferred Skills & Qualifications
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, HCI, related degree, or equivalent professional experience
- Experience writing software in Swift, Objective-C, Java, C#, XAML, etc. and a willingness to learn new technologies if needed
Your application has been successfully submitted.