Senior Product Designer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Help define what’s possible and design the future. At Microsoft our mission is to empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more—we’re shaping technology toward human achievement and AI is changing everything about the way we design and build.
The M365 Core product design team is creating cutting-edge intelligent experiences that help people achieve more with less effort, at work, at home, and on the go. We design Assistant and Intelligence-driven experiences through an ongoing conversation with our customers and a relationship built on respect, transparency, and trust.
Our team is respectful-inclusive-creative-collaborative-innovative and accountable.
We’re looking for a passionate, fearless, and focused Senior Product Designer to help shape how we weave our assistive productivity experiences into the entire suite of M365 products—with an emphasis on Mobile devices with both touch and voice input. A strong and experienced designer who’s ready to solve hard problems, and understands the productivity space, and its existing and emerging technologies.
You must be an excellent Product Design thinker with a proven track record of building compelling experiences as an individual contributor from start to finish.
You’ll be a good fit if you are self-driven, highly collaborative, and a clear communicator. You understand the essence behind abstract ideas and can frame complex problem spaces with clarity amidst many diverse thoughts.
You have an acute attention to detail and a passion for creating magical end-user experiences. You thrive in an environment with high levels of ambiguity, considerable freedom to balance constraints, and have a deep bias towards hands-on implementation.
You are well versed in the product development cycle, have a solid user centered and product design process, and have a diverse and extensive portfolio of work from large scale products to incubation products.
You have best in class storytelling capabilities by taking complex ideas and simplifying them into easy to understand stories and concepts. You are excellent at expressing ideas and concepts through multiple mediums – wireframes flows, visual designs, decks, videos, and prototypes.
You contribute to a highly collaborative design process by delivering user stories, concept sketches, experience storyboards, and even rapid prototypes.
You are the equivalent of a jazz musician who works well with technology and business counterparts to deliver on thoughtful, integrated design solutions. Most importantly, you will need to have conviction in your approach and deliver holistic experiences that are both emotionally and functionally irresistible.
- 10+ years in Product Design
- Presentation of a strong design portfolio (depth and breadth of interaction with heavy emphasis on visual)
- Demonstrated breadth across Information Architecture, Usability, Interaction, and Visual Design
- Experience creating innovative and complex mobile, web or software products within deadlines
- Demonstrable ability to work with program management, engineering and research
- Bachelor's/Master’s degree in product design, graphic design, HCI, interaction design, industrial design, communication design, architecture or equivalent experience
- Ability to document user experience and interactivity through presentations, briefs, wireframes, design specifications and demos
- Ability to rapidly prototype and iterate designs in words and images
- Proven experience and solid working knowledge of information architecture, storytelling, storyboarding, creating design briefs, specs and guidelines.
- Ability to create and assess design solutions based on user goals and key scenarios.
- Attention to detail, problem solving, creative, and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively cross functionally with other teams (Engineering, Research, Program Management & Marketing)
- Innate curiosity, data driven, and ability to self-start in an ambiguous and rapidly changing startup-like environment; growth mindset
- Self-motivated, directed, and independent
- Have a passion for quality, innovation, and world-class design.
- Offer active thought leadership in User Experience issues and trends.
- Ability to work through ambiguity and multiple priorities
- Rapidly iterate, creating multiple design solutions
A portfolio demonstrating breadth and creativity and proven experience in telling stories and product design work. Please indicate your specific roles and contributions for each project submitted as part of the portfolio.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We’re on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.