Vancouver, BC, Canada
The OneDrive design team is responsible for delivering a world-class experience for the OneDrive mobile apps, our photo experiences, and leading the collaboration experiences and platform for OneDrive and SharePoint. We are accountable to deliver customer and business success by winning fans, building loyalty, and creating subscribers. We focus our investments across generating customer delight through new feature value; product craftmanship - to create highly performant, easy to use, and reliable experiences; deep M365 product integrations and partnerships; and driving our key funnels to convert newly acquired users to healthy customers and paid subscribers. We partner closely with Teams, Office, Outlook and other teams to deliver breakthrough collaboration experiences that empower our customers to do more at home, work, and school.
We’re looking for a Designer to join our product team in Vancouver, B.C. to help make OneDrive the best place to store, organize, and share photos and videos. Your portfolio must have work that reflects a passion for people, a respect for craft and a deep curiosity about designing and delivering new experiences. Being highly creative with a love for solving design problems at all levels – from big picture to the details – is a must.
You must have a clear understanding of each facet of the design process – information architecture + interaction design, research + usability, rapid prototyping, visual design, motion, and brand integration. You will have a demonstrated ability to effectively partner with program management and engineers to shepherd end-to-end experiences from concept to ship. You are also a great creator, collaborator, and communicator.
The position requires the need to be organized, detail-oriented, and results-driven. Passion for our customers and for consumers who want great user experiences is highly desired.
- 5-7 years of work-related experience in interaction / user experience design required.
- Strong project management, communication, and presentation skills
- A portfolio demonstrating breadth and creativity in related fields
- Strong interest in and aptitude for learning new technologies and design skills
- In addition to interaction design strengths, hands-on experience in a secondary field such as motion design, visual design, front end software engineering, or industrial design is highly desired.
- Proficiency in digital design tools (Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Ability to self-motivate and under constant deadline constraints.
- Demonstrable ability to work confidently with Program Management, Development, Brand, Marketing and Usability
- Possess ability to think conceptually about design and information architecture.
- Understand the array of technical constraints, user goals and business requirements that shape current and future products
- Education requirements include either a BA/BS in graphic design, visual communication design, interaction design, or significant industry experience.
- A passion for photography is a plus!
- Legally permitted to work in Canada
We recognize that talent comes in many forms. If you think you’ve got what it takes, we want to hear from you!
Your application has been successfully submitted.