Senior Software Engineer
Vancouver, BC, Canada
We are seeking an experienced Software Engineer with a passion for enabling other developers, automating processes and driving robust pipelines to join the WebXT Engineering Systems team. This is a hands-on role to define workflows, processes and tools for a team working at massive scale. It will involve strategic cross-divisional investments across WebXT, Office and Windows to create homepage and new tab page experiences that drive daily habit for over 500M users worldwide.
On the Start Experiences team, our goal is to help users build a daily habit as they start their online journey with contextual, personally relevant, engaging and highly performant homepage and new tab experiences. Start Experiences in FY21 will focus on driving growth and engagement on Windows and Edge with homepage and new tab pages on desktop, mobile and Xbox, additional browser plug ins, super app homepage and our direct nav homepage experiences: Bing.com, MSN.com and Microsoftnews.com.
A developer in this role will be expected to drive major features from start to finish. This includes soliciting requirements, creating a plan, communication of proposal, technical implementation and ensuring the end product is continuously monitored for success. Sometimes this involves working alone, sometimes as part of a broader team.
Here are the standard requirements we’re looking at for this particular position:
- 8+ years of a proven track record for building and shipping production software
- Demonstrated ability and experience in the entire services development cycle: design, implementation, deployment, and live site
- Experience with C#\C++\Java or equivalent is required
- Experience with Docker, VSTS, Akamai is an asset
- Experience with modern web technology like React, Redux, Grunt, Webpack is an asset
- Experience with Cloud deployments and management is an asset (Azure, AWS)
- Experienced with combined engineering teams which owned testing and deployment is preferred
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
- Legally permitted to work in Canada
… and here are the actual requirements we want from you as a person:
- You are an experienced, smart engineer who loves a challenge and is constantly wanting to learn more.
- You solve the problem, not the symptoms.
- You can teach us new things and make us better.
- You want to work in a place that fosters your personal growth and wants not only the team to succeed but also you as an individual.
- You want to leave work at the end of the day feeling like you really accomplished something.
- You see a problem or inefficiency and do something about it.
Your application has been successfully submitted.