Systems Installation Engineer II
Responsible for helping to develop In Flight Entertainment (IFE) projects within the Systems Installation Engineering group from an Electrical design standpoint; from systems integration to installation. Shall be responsible to plan, engineer, design and develop system installation packages based on customers, regulatory and OEM’s requirements for production and retrofit applications. Has specific technical project or product responsibility.
Support Systems Installation Group
· Support Program Management, Certification, Marketing, and other departments to plan and coordinate program requirements.
· Provide support for customer meetings, preliminary design review (PDR), critical design review (CDR), First Article Inspection (FAI), aircraft surveys, aircraft installations, etc.
· Review products and provide feedback to Senior Engineers and Management.
· Provide solutions and recommendations to Project Lead.
· Coordinate design requirements and review applications for existing programs.
· Work with external engineering groups to integrate third-party vendor equipment with our systems
Engineer, Design and Develop System Installation Packages
· Engineer projects from a wiring/structural/seat integration design standpoint under the direction of a Senior Engineer.
· Engineer and coordinate electrical, Mechanical, and Seat installation system designs for new aircraft production and retrofit applications.
· Conduct in-depth troubleshooting.
· Utilize AutoCAD, VISIO, Capital, CREO Schematic or equivalent design tool to perform design responsibilities for wiring diagrams, cable assemblies, seat configuration, wiring/structural installation drawings, etc.
· Provide inputs to Drafters for systems design criteria to support aircraft installations.
· Assist in the guidance and direction for problem solving to Drafters.
· Perform work distribution to Drafters as required under Senior Engineer’s guidance.
· Generate Electrical Load Analysis for IFE systems.
· Balance Electrical Loads and Phase Rotations for proper system integration.
· Assist in the development of drawing/document standards per customer and regulatory agency requirements.
· Design and develop in-flight entertainment electrical, mechanical, and seat installation engineering documentation to support airline customer’s requirements.
· Documentation includes aircraft wiring diagrams, cable assemblies, wire removal drawings, electrical load analysis reports, seat configuration, structural and wire installation drawings etc.
· Possess an understanding of airline regulatory guidelines and design requirements for aircraft wiring.
· Knowledgeable of avionic component parts utilized in the design and manufacture of cable assemblies and sheet metal brackets (i.e. connectors, contacts, wire types, sheet metal materials, finish, etc.).
· Ability to apply knowledge of avionic structural/wiring/seat design to develop unique system solutions.
· Familiarity with AutoCAD, VISIO, Capital, CREO Schematic or other design software experience.
· Proficient in developing and implementing test methods and procedures.
· Solid understanding of aircraft and avionic terms.
· Effective time management skills and ability to handle multiple projects.
· Proficient in project planning and ability to plan for internal and/or external dependencies.
· Use professional concepts; apply company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
· Knowledgeable of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the Electronic Engineering field.
· Use clearly demonstrable skills as an experienced professional within the Systems Installation Engineering field.
· Must be capable of clearly identifiable contributions to the success of a product or project.
· Work on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
· Ability to effectively communicate, in English, both written and verbally.
· BSEE, BSME or other relevant Engineering discipline.
· 3-6 years’ of electrical/mechanical/seat design experience in the aircraft industry.
· This position requires up to 25% travel to support coordination meetings and program reviews at manufacturers.
Your application has been successfully submitted.