Sr. Software Algorithm Engineer -- Model/MXP
Introduction to the job
ASML is an industry leader in Computational Lithography for integrated circuits. Our Tachyon™ platform enables capabilities that address chip design, photomask making and wafer printing for semiconductor manufacturing. ASML’s Fab Products enable Lithography optimization for our leading photolithography tools.
In Fab products, we create software to enable advanced node semiconductor lithography by improving process control. In this team, we develop software to design metrology targets, simulate their measurement performance, and select the best candidates to be used for production.
Excellent candidates will not only drive improvements to the software application, but also identify new approaches to improve metrology.
Role and responsibilities
In the software research and development (R&D) team, you will be a key member to develop high quality software and contribute to all phases of the development process from designing to release. You must be responsible for independently developing and testing the Algorithms and turn general requirement definitions into functioning modules. An ideal candidate should exhibit strategic thinking, be self-motivated and collaborative with team members.
In this role, you will review and analyze requirements, assess the impact of changes to software, provide estimates of work effort, design and develop software, and write unit-tests.
Education and experience
- PhD. or M.S. in Physics (Computational Physics preferred), Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Applied Mathematics, or related areas, or equivalent experience.
- 3 or more years’ of experience in Numerical Simulation, Modeling, Optics or similar (academic or industry)
- Experience in Computational Geometry, numerical methods / scientific computing
- Experience developing Object Oriented Software in Python, C++
- Experience developing and testing Algorithms
- Knowledge of software design principles and software engineering processes
- Experience in Electromagnetic Simulation, Semiconductor process and Lithography is desirable
- HPC - High Performance Computing(Linux/Unix)
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to negotiate and reach consensus agreements.
- Proactive sense of ownership
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
This position is located on-site in San Jose, California.It requires onsite presence to attend in-person work-related events, trainings and meetings and to further ensure teamwork, collaboration and innovation. (Important to insert additional onsite language specific to the role: i.e., inspection, specific training and supervision, etc.)
A flexible workplace arrangement may be available to employees working in roles conducive to remote work (up to two days a week).
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- U.S. Flexible Work policy may be available to employees who work in conductive roles.
- Mutually-beneficial alternative work arrangement must be approved by manager – hybrid working Model.
Your application has been successfully submitted.