This job is no longer accepting applications.
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 375 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
PayPal Core Payment team is looking for talented, creative, and passionate java engineers to help design and build a new settlement platform.
Does it excite you to work on systems that process billions of dollars in payments per year in 195+ countries? How about making an impact on 250+ million PayPal users around the world?
PayPal Core Payment Platform team is looking for a talented, creative, and passionate back end engineer to help design and build a new settlement platform. As a self-motivated and enthusiastic member of our team, you will work with extremely talented peers in a fun environment building performance efficient, highly scalable, configurable and available systems. You will work in an agile environment with a focus on problem solving and engineering excellence.
Your primary responsibilities include:
- Participate in Design, develop the requirements and test high throughput back-end settlement systems
- Develop efficient, elegant, clean code with no unnecessary complication or abstraction
- Lead code review sessions
- Passionate about low latency systems
- Ability to deal with high volume data
- Continuously look for opportunities for performance tuning
- Collaborate with other engineers, architects and DBAs
- Collaborate with Product Managers
Background we are looking for:
- You love solving problems and building solutions.
- You’re self-motivated and have a demonstrated track record of self-learning and going above and beyond
- You’re excited to create high traffic backend distributed services for customers
- You want to hit the ground running on Day 1; you take ownership of your work and can work independently.
- You’ve designed and clearly understand concepts like Web Services, SOA, REST APIs, SPRING Framework.
- You know the fundamentals of Object-Oriented Programming using Java, C++; familiarity with additional development tools such as JUnit, Maven & Jenkins is a plus.
- You love Git and are at home with source control concepts such as merge, rebase and pull.
- You’ve used SQL & NoSQL solutions and understand the pros and cons of relational and free form databases. Good hands on experience in Oracle database.
- You’ve comfortable using application server frameworks, for example Tomcat or JBOSS.
- You believe in Agile development and putting the customer first in anything you design; experience with SCRUM is a plus.
- You’re a strong advocate of good coding standards and like the use of coding tools that will push you to improve the code you deliver like Sonar.
- You know how to identify performance bottlenecks and use good coding patterns to avoid them in the first place.
Expert in Java: language features, Object Oriented and modular programming (Design Patterns are a plus), profiling/tuning, garbage collection; proven track record of challenging systems-level Java/C++ development.
Good hands on Oracle Database is required.
- 3+ years of experience in software development.
- Experience in object-oriented programming and concepts
- Experienced in Distributed System development using Java/J2EE/Web Technologies/C++.
- Proven track record in delivering highly available, scalable systems on time
- Conversant in design patterns
- Good understanding of web services and related standards like REST/JSON
- Experience in caching software
- Experience in Spring framework and other open source frameworks
- Experience developing data-driven applications using an industry standard RDBMS (Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, MySQL, Informatica, etc.)
- Experience in Unix based development environment
- Experience in both development and quality assurance activities
- Experience in QA methodologies, test automation and automation frameworks
- Experience in driving Integration testing, UAT with external vendors
- Experience in JUnit, Selenium is a plus
- Experience working in payments or financial services industry is a plus
- Exposure to Agile Methodologies
Your application has been successfully submitted.