Senior Data Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Data Engineering at Drop
Data Engineering is at the very core of how Drop's business works. Our mission is to make data readily and easily accessible to inform decision-making across all functions at the company. We enable this by designing and building reliable, scalable and maintainable data systems, such as our Data Lake, Data Warehouse and all the different pipelines used to transform or move data from one store to another. We process hundreds of millions of financial transactions daily, and the infrastructure we build supports both our B2C and B2B products.
As a team, we value code quality, testability, scalable engineering design, and continuous process improvement. We leverage modern technologies, such as Airflow, Spark, Python, Redshift, Snowflake, Terraform, and various AWS services (EMR, Glue, DMS, and more). We maintain an efficient development environment to keep productive and rapidly innovate. The Data Engineering team works closely with data scientists, data analysts, software engineers, and other stakeholders (marketing, business development) who partner as entrepreneurial peers on a daily basis.
You can learn more about our Engineering team's work by visiting Drop’s Engineering Blog.
As the Senior Data Engineer, you will
- Design and build highly efficient and reliable data pipelines to power our data lake and data warehouse.
- Architect and implement data systems to power high-performance analytics, machine learning and reporting applications.
- Build a robust and automated testing framework across a wide variety of data stores to enforce data integrity.
- Harden monitoring and overall orchestration of DAG execution in Airflow to achieve improved ETL processing times and system availability.
- Implement access governance of production data systems to ensure compliance with our privacy and security policies.
- Mentor and coach other data engineers.
- Collaborate with our Data Science and Software Engineering teams to build data infrastructure that enables experimentation.
What you bring to the table
- You have 5+ years of experience designing and building reliable, scalable and maintainable data systems at top-tier software companies.
- You have experience building data pipelines and ETL flows using Python and a workflow management system like Airflow or Luigi.
- You have led large technical projects that require collaboration with multiple functions to drive product and business outcomes.
- You have experience building and maintaining data warehouses using Snowflake, Redshift or other similar systems.
- You have a strong product mindset. You advocate for users when collaborating with stakeholders from other areas, but can make tradeoffs to account for business priorities.
- You are resourceful and have a strong sense of ownership over your work.
- You design and write testable and maintainable code to produce quality systems using software engineering best practices.
Bonus points if
- You’ve worked with Airflow, Spark, Kafka, AWS (in particular EMR) and/or Terraform.
- You have experience designing data stores to power BI platforms (for example, Looker).
- You’ve built financial, loyalty, or rewards systems.
- You’re passionate about building the next generation rewards product.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment; startup experience is not a strict requirement but a bonus. Drop welcomes people from all work backgrounds and recognizes the value of diversity.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Shop, earn, redeem. Drop is the free app that rewards you for your everyday spending.