This job is no longer accepting applications.
Who you are:
Motivated by meaningful work, you are looking for more than just a job; you want to work for a dynamic, growing company that finds solutions to real-life problems, such as helping the world reduce the use of pesticides and helping nature feed a growing population. Your ideal work environment includes a collaborative team spirit with the opportunity to learn and grow as you take the initiative to try new things.
As a Hardware Engineer, you will be developing next generation IoT solutions for Smart Agriculture. This includes developing and implementing mechanic designs as well as working with manufacturing engineers for a successful handoff for our new products. Your designed products will have a positive impact on the environment and will help feed the world’s rapidly growing population.
What you will do:
- Support new product introduction (NPI) and work closely with manufacturing engineering for successful handoff
- Assist in designing enclosures using Solidworks
- Develop hardware schematic and PCB layout with Altium design
- Develop system/board architecture and execute implementation
- Develop engineering and manufacturing documentation
- Develop design files (schematic entry, source code, etc.) to implement designs
- Support board layout and HW/SW integration activities
- Research and investigate electronic components for obsolescence issues, alternates, cost, environmental characteristics, and revisions
- Work with third party test labs to obtain product certifications
- Work with field service engineers to evaluate field testing
We want you to succeed, so you will need:
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3+ years experience in Schematic and PCB Design, 2+ year hands-on experience with NPI/sustaining engineering, 2+ year of mechanical designs (preferably with Solidworks)
- Excellent working knowledge of design tools - Altium Designer and Solidworks
- Experience in hands-on development and troubleshooting with embedded devices, including design, manufacture verification and board bring-up
- Experience in product certification for CE/FCC/PTCRB
- Understanding of Sub 1GHz, 2.4GHz, and LTE wireless connectivity
- Understanding of ARM microcontrollers and their system architecture & internals
- Understanding of manufacturing process
- Proven excellent team player with good communication skills
- Must be self-motivated with a high desire for results and be able to work with little supervision
Nice to have:
- Experience with Bluetooth Low Energy, Zigbee, LoRa and Cellular
- Experience with sensors, such as Accelerometers, Temperature, Humidity, Pressure, Soil/Moisture and other
- Experience with PLM/ERP
Your application has been successfully submitted.
#PrecisionAg platform for tree fruit, tree nut & vine crops. #IoT network and predictive analytics for pests, disease, frost & irrigation mgmt. #bigda...