Senior Product Manager
What to Expect
This opening is for the Process and Analytics, Materials Planning team.
What You’ll Do
- Identify gaps and areas for simplification, optimization and automation in supply chain business processes.
- Work with internal customers, business stakeholders and Application Engineering teams to develop systems capabilities that improve supply chain performance and efficiency.
- Own software products end to end and manage their lifecycle from product vision, strategy and roadmap to business analysis, requirement definition, product design, development and testing
- Analyze costs and benefits to prioritize between features, architectural improvements and operational excellence.
- Maintain product feedback loop, drive problem solving and continuous improvement initiatives with cross functional teams to improve supply chain operations processes.
- Maintain product documentation and broadcast communication to all internal customers or business leads on new features, product training and roll-out plans.
- Define and monitor KPIs to track and measure process compliance and supply chain objectives. Maintain and use data to drive changes.
What You’ll Bring
- Master’s degree in science/engineering or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years’ work experience in supply chain, planning, manufacturing or business operations or evidence of exceptional ability.
- Experience in managing software products in a business or technical role.
- Evidence of exceptional analytical ability.
- Structured, data-driven and quantitative problem solving approach.
- Ability to query, analyze and present data.
- Ability to develop and implement elegant, efficient solutions.
- Proven ability to set expectations, manage to deadlines and hold individuals and teams accountable to critical milestones.
- Ability to drive strategic discussions and convert strategy to action.
- Collaborative, flexible, open working style and an ability to establish trust and credibility.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Supply chain experience
- Experience with process improvement toolkits (Lean, Six Sigma, Kaizen etc.)
- Experience with Agile methodology for product development.
- SAP or Oracle ERP knowledge, paired with ability to apply it to custom built systems.
- SQL and Tableau skills
- Programming skills in R, Python etc
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information or to request accommodations.
Privacy is a top priority for Tesla. We build it into our products and view it as an essential part of our business. To understand more about the data we collect and process as part of your application, please view our Tesla Talent Privacy Notice.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
To accelerate the advent of sustainable transport and electric technology