Senior Enterprise UX Designer - Energy, Drafter
What to Expect
Tesla Design is looking for an outstanding Senior User Experience Designer to design the future of the enterprise experiences and internal tools for our energy business. The UX Designer will be responsible for researching, designing, innovating, and prototyping new experiences that pave the way for the future of energy & vehicles in a way that has never been done before. Our digital experiences and the way consumers, businesses and municipalities transition to EVs and sustainable energy will be transformative.
The Digital Experience Team focuses on consumer experiences as well as the infrastructure and tools that enable sales, operations, fulfillment, and ownership. The candidate will be responsible for the web-based design tool used to create residential energy system designs for customers, and plan sets for Authorities Having Jurisdictions [AHJs]. They will collaborate with the internal design, fulfillment and operations teams, product owners, other designers, sales and scheduling teams, developers and project managers. They will be a key contributor and originator in their own right. Deliverables include design mockups, experience flows, prototyping, design presentations, production of visual assets, process design and development, and follow up for proper implementation.
Candidates should possess exceptional design skills, creative problem-solving, a great sense of aesthetics, as well as user-centered design principals. The applicant must have an affinity for minimal design, typography, and attention to the smallest of details. A strong ability to distill complex problems into simple, elegant solutions is key to success at Tesla. We are a fast-paced company with an entrepreneurial spirit, so the majority of the work will be focused on innovating original and creative content and application, as well as final deliverables and solutions that work in the real world.
You will be working on the most advanced energy and vehicle solutions in existence both today and tomorrow.
What You’ll Do
· Research and define UX strategy for enterprise segments and different customer types building upon and scaling Tesla offerings
· Imagine, conceive of, manage, and drive ownership UX design projects from defining customer problems or opportunities to concept to implementation
· Develop creative and innovative design solutions for enterprise experiences and internal tools for energy that support multiple types of users in different types of roles with varying scope and objectives
· Define and implement creative solutions that help improve comprehension and clarity
· Constantly measure how designs are performing. Iterate and improve those experiences as needed. Influences team roadmaps to include experience improvements when the design or product is not performing or needs improvement.
· Invest in building relationships and trust with stakeholders, peers and working groups. Build a strong network across Tesla, globally.
· Determines best UX solutions based on customer feedback and business goals and helps to determine overall direction, identifying challenges and adapting as needed based on the context of the solution and customer.
· Foster the defining and sharing of UX design patterns and standards, artifact reuse and consistency across team members. Contribute to the Tesla Design System.
What You’ll Bring
· 3+ years work experience advocating for, creating and building and world-class experiences for mobile, web, TV or other digital devices. Knowledge of global design best practices and working for international companies a plus.
· An excellent portfolio showcasing UI/UX and visual design work with a strong design sensibility and articulate storytelling. Evidence of exceptional design ability is a must.
· Must be proficient and highly skilled in Photoshop, Illustrator, Figma and other design tools
· Ability to prototype in Figma, Keynote, Principle or Sketch
· Understanding of front-end web and mobile technologies such as CSS/HTML and general understanding of back-end technologies that are required to build out experiences. Partnering well with technology is a must.
· Ability to perform in a fast paced, high stress iterative design process under minimal supervision
· Customer-focused, with experience using design research methods to uncover customer insights. Are able to take those insights and define the desired customer outcomes.
· Evidence of solving large scale problems. Ability to take complex concepts and simplify them for the customer in the form or elegant experiences.
· Excellent command of enterprise user experience, design principles, problem-framing skills, and beautiful visual design skills
· Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong ability to communicate design concept ideas through sketches, prototypes and wireframes. Experienced and comfortable with presenting work to executives and large groups.
· Strong ability to communicate complicated concepts and bring clarity to stakeholders and team members.
· Self-motivated, able to work independently but also collaborative and driven by group critique. Proven track record as an expert in design who can collaborate well with other functions.
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact email@example.com for additional information or to request accommodations.
Privacy is a top priority for Tesla. We build it into our products and view it as an essential part of our business. To understand more about the data we collect and process as part of your application, please view our Tesla Talent Privacy Notice.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
To accelerate the advent of sustainable transport and electric technology