Senior Product Designer (Remote Canada)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
What does the Product department look like?
Bench is the world’s largest and most efficient bookkeeping service, built from the ground up with a blend of software, people, and process. Our software product underpins our entire service: our web and mobile apps allow our clients to understand their financials, and our bookkeeping system allows us to efficiently complete the books. And, we're just getting started!
We aim to continuously reduce the cost of bookkeeping until it is accessible to every small business, while maintaining our world-class client experience and expanding the scope of services we offer to our clients -- including tax filings and banking.
As a Senior Product Designer you will work with teammates with a shared passion for creating delightful and impactful customer experiences that will have a profound impact in the lives of people. You’ll set direction for the solution, take ownership, make calls, and see things through without a lot of oversight. You’ll be able to communicate clearly with your colleagues, work across teams, and lend a helping hand when needed.
What you’ll be getting up to:
- Be responsible: building new products as the primary person responsible for User Experience.
- Enjoy coding: you design and write React code (and HTML, CSS) to create world class user experiences.
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering teams in our unique take on the Shape Up process. Collaborate with other designers for feedback and critiques on work, and to improve processes.
- Be scrappy: everything we do is scrappy and focused on producing high value. This is especially true of user research, which we conduct as needed to directly lead to better client experiences.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to have:
- Enough experience, understanding, and context designing software that you know when to use established patterns and when to break them. Most often, this is 3+ years of being in it.
- Enough experience collaborating and communicating that you are a leader in bringing teams towards alignment on solutions. Most often, this is 3+ years of being in it.
- Experience being a lovely human being.
It could be an even better fit if you have:
- A unique perspective: We know innovation thrives on teams when different points of view come together to solve hard problems. We explicitly seek candidates with a diversity of life experiences, work experiences, educational backgrounds, and cultures. Please be prepared to share how your unique perspective brings value to our teams.
- Appreciation for systems: Our bookkeeping operation and expansion projects are a complex system designed to produce high-quality financials on time, with a high degree of efficiency. You’ll have to think about the full system, connecting the dots to figure out the best solution.
- Startup hustle: You are highly motivated, dedicated, comfortable with change and ambiguity. You have a humble, team-player attitude and are ready to pitch in wherever you are needed most.
- Empathy: We're all just human, y'know?
The extra details:
- This is a full-time permanent position because we want to spend lots of time with your wonderful self!
- This position offers an annual salary, stock options, and an extended benefits package that includes health, dental, and vision.
- Our office has gone fully remote! We’ll set you up with everything you need to work from home, from day one.
- We're augmented by physical space and you'll need to be able to travel to Vancouver regularly (open to discussion) once it’s the right thing to do.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Let us do your bookkeeping for you. With Bench you get a team of bookkeepers to do your books, and intuitive software to track your finances.