Senior Product Marketing Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the role
Zillow Group is the trusted source for a large audience of renters and buyers looking for their new home, in part because we provide an immersive experience for customers who come to our sites. As a member of the Product Marketing team, you will help build experiences that bring a home to life. You’ll understand how our professional agent and photographer partners can use our products to stand out in competitive markets. You’ll partner with product teams to build a strategy that brings those products to market in new and effective ways across both professional and consumer audiences. Together we will help craft the product roadmap based upon a deep understanding of unmet needs among professionals, informed by the needs of the home shoppers who they serve. You’ll define a B2B adoption model that spans multiple buyer segments- balancing the needs of home shoppers with those of professionals. You’ll lead a cross-functional team from annual planning through initiative prioritization and execution. You will set targets, measure progress towards them, and identify drivers or barriers to achieving them. Of equal importance, you will be a spokesperson for the RMX team internally, building understanding and gathering support among the rest of marketing and pushing initiatives forward!
- Design and execute a growth plan for B2B audiences inclusive of target segment identification, pricing and packaging, customer funnel buildout, and channel planning
- Lead an agile team of Marketers in support of RMX adoption across both professional (B2B) and consumer audiences
- Lead multiple product and feature launches through structured go-to-market process in collaboration with greater Zillow Group Marketing partners
- Work with Product, Finance and Marketing partners to co-author 3-year plan for RMX as well as corresponding annual operating plans
- Partner with greater Zillow Group Marketing organization to ensure frequent and accurate incorporation of RMX technology into campaigns not directly owned by your team
- Own and share the product marketing narrative, results, and findings with Vice President and C-level executives
This role has been categorized as a Hybrid position. “Hybrid” employees regularly work at an existing ZG corporate office for approximately 10 to 80 percent of their time each month, and the rest of the time they may work from a remote physical location of their choice within a reasonable commuting distance from the corporate office which must be identified to the Company in advance. The Recruiter and Hiring Manager will set expectations on the employee’s preferred time in office. ZG has not defined a reasonable distance, and expects employees will use judgment in determining this for themselves and understand the implications re: time commitment and cost of daily commute.
Who you are
You can get the product team passionate about user needs and opportunities and provide framing to help guide product innovation and feature work. You employ methods that help the business understand user behavior and attitudes. You can quickly turn around usability testing and tactical surveys, as well as get deeper qualitative insights through user interviews and field observations. You are able to lead research planning and UX strategy and execute in an agile development process. You are an advocate for our users throughout the development process and can demonstrate how this leads to business value.
Most importantly, you are looking for a chance to bring a startup approach to a company with the resources to re-imagine an entire category of real estate!
- 8-10 years in a product marketing role, ideally with 3-4 years in a small to mid-sized B2B technology organization
- Experience developing a multi-pronged go-to-market strategy which includes multiple audience “roles” including product influencer, buyer, and end-user
- Experience commissioning research and leveraging quantitative and qualitative data to define product roadmap, strategy, positioning, targeting and segmentation.
- Proven record of managing through ambiguity and leading flexible, agile go-to-market tests as a means to identify scalable strategies and tactics.
- Comfortable straddling strategic thought partners and detailed execution; will “pick up the pen” and do what is needed themselves if it drives efficiency.
- Customer curious. Eager to deeply understand customer needs and develop insights that shape marketing plans and influence product roadmap.
- Confident communicator, with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Forms relationships and can influence decisions through compelling data and communication.
In additional to a competitive base salary this position is also eligible for equity awards based on factors such as experience, performance and location.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Reimagine the way home.