Trust & Safety Specialist, Fraud (Contract)
We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we’re building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you’re ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There’s no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work—whether it’s from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop—while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
Instacart's Trust & Safety team takes data-driven, customer-first approaches to ensure we are compliant with all local, state and federal regulations regarding grocery fulfillment. In this role you will be responsible for executing on processes critical to ensuring the Instacart platform remains secure, safe, and stable for all users.
The role will include a blend of areas from reviewing transactions in real time to prevent fraud, identifying fraudulent activities/ patterns, account takeovers, and handling internal escalations to provide services through the Instacart platform and much more.
This is a 6-month contracted position at Instacart with expectations to work 40 hours/week. This is a non-exempt position, paid hourly, and eligible for additional hours as necessary. You will be scheduled to work 1 or 2 weekend days which your manager will assign to your schedule based on your availability.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Identify fraud patterns and conduct investigations to deter fraudulent/suspicious activities
- Maintain a queue of inbound shopper & customer appeals with time management and prioritization skills
- Recognize and present opportunities to improve and drive tasks to full resolution
- Complete live/ historical data reviews with detail-oriented approach
- Execute on repetitive operational tasks while maintaining attention to detail and having an eye for process improvements
- 1-2+ years professional experience, ideally in a fast-paced setting in Fraud, Data Processing, or Support related fields OR strong academic record
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Positive attitude and fortitude to work through ever-changing and dynamic operational conditions
- Understanding of the gig economy
- Ability to make critical and sensitive issues quickly in a fast paced environment
- Operate within a high degree of confidentiality
- Familiarity with ZenDesk or similar (preferred)
- Proficient in Excel/ Google Sheets
- Basic understanding of SQL is a plus
- Weekends or holiday availability
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Groceries delivered in an hour.