HR Business Partner, Engineering
We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we’re building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you’re ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There’s no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work—whether it’s from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop—while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
We are looking for an experienced HR Business Partner to support our Engineering organization. The HRBP will actively partner with management to drive people strategy and collaborate with employees to foster a culture of ownership, trust and collaboration. You’ll have the opportunity to build processes from scratch and directly help our teams develop and scale. This role is essential to enable our business growth and further our mission of creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together!
ABOUT THE JOB
- Strategic thought partner for Engineering leadership; key advisor to support organizational development, succession planning, and performance management
- Advocate for employees providing HR expertise in areas such as learning and development, career growth, total rewards, and employee relations
- Create and implement people strategies to attract, engage, and retain a strong and diverse talent workforce
- Culture champion promoting company values to guide decision-making and drive thoughtful and effective change management in a fast-paced environment
- Collaborate with client groups and the HR & PeopleOps teams to build and implement initiatives and overall process improvements to deliver results for Instacart
- Background of at least four (4) to six (6) years as an HR Business Partner in a high-growth technology company and seven (7) years of overall HR or related work experience
- Prior experience supporting Engineering or Product is preferred
- Strong relationship building skills with ability to influence and communicate effectively throughout all levels of an organization
- Successful track record of designing and implementing people programs
- Understanding of various employment laws and their impact on day-to-day matters
- Self starter with an analytical approach and deep business acumen
- Ability to work through ambiguity, think creatively, roll up your sleeves, and manage simultaneous priorities
- BA / BS degree
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Groceries delivered in an hour.