Senior Manager, Recruiting (Remote US)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the role
In this Technical Recruiting Leadership role, you will invest your time influencing leaders in your team, and serving as a trusted adviser to Zillow Group’s Engineering, Product, and Analytics executives. You will stitch together and leverage the expertise of the team into a coordinated plan that aligns with broader business goals and keeps pace with our rhythm of business.
The Sr. Technical Recruiting Manager will help build a compelling vision to move the needle in our 2.0 transformation. Your keen understanding of people, empathy, and super power of resourcefulness will guide your team to thrive during a sea of change.
You Will Get To:
- Scale the function; constantly thinking about how to improve through multiple vantage points: strategy, new insights, organizational design, business feedback, as well as roles and responsibilities.
- Support and advocate for your Tech Recruiting Leaders and ensure Zillow execs are set up for success to hire the talent needed to achieve our 2.0 product development and delivery goals.
- Serve as a sounding board for thorny recruiting issues and responses.
- Provide organizational and operational management of the tech recruiting team, while offering input on the following questions:
- Is the tech recruiting strategy aligned with the business goals (both short term and long term)?
- Is the function set up for success? If not, what needs to change?
- How do we make that change happen?
This role has been categorized as a Remote position. “Remote” employees do not have a permanent corporate office workplace and, instead, work from a physical location of their choice which must be identified to the Company. Employees may live in any of the 50 US States, with limited exceptions. In certain cases, an employee in a remote-designated job may need to live in a specific region or time zone to support customers or clients as part of their role.
Who you are
A strong operator who knows how to navigate a scaling, matrixed organization and has partnered well with their partners and senior execs.
- A proud record of encouraging your team through the challenges of growing pains, and can cultivate a collaborative relationship with our existing team.
- You let the expertise and skill sets of each leader shine through, and leverage their individual strengths via a unified strategy.
- Leader of leaders - Experience managing, and motivating direct reports of Leads and Managers.
- Strong communicator and relationship builder. Engaging business partner/adviser - can go into a meeting with senior execs, peers and directs, effectively tailoring messages to provide direction, solutions, and provoke thought in a collaborative manner.
- Strong operational experience – Can quickly assess how we're operating, and how we need to operate for the future. You’re comfortable participating in redefining what technical recruiting looks like for Zillow.
- Experienced in building technical recruiting to thrive at scale –a talent for translating recruiting speak that’s digestible for our business leaders.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Reimagine the way home.