Instructional Designer (Remote US)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the role
Zillow Group’s Learning & Development Instructional Designer creates and implements world-class learning solutions for employees that represent the Zillow brand through direct customer/consumer contact. The Instructional Designer owns end-to-end program planning, execution, and measurement of Zillow Group’s training programs. Other responsibilities include building and managing a catalog of employee training, planning and developing new courses, providing graphic assets, copywriting, developing multimedia and assessing learner retention. The Instructional Designer collaborates with other Learning & Development team members, business leaders and People Org team members in assessing content needs to ensure our employees have an outstanding learning experience.
You Will Get To:
- Lead deep discovery and needs analysis processes that surface root causes, learner needs, preferences, and gaps
- Apply foundational instructional design theories and practices while experimenting with innovative methods and modalities
- Architect live, asynchronous, and digital learning solutions that drive employee performance, support business goals, and extend L&D’s reach beyond discrete learning events
- Translate forward-thinking ideas and innovative proposals into tangible design documents that crisply transfer to development
- Engage business partners to effectively assist in crafting relevant learning solutions
- Collaborate with key partners, leaders, and L&D team members to deliver quality on time, every time
- Visualize instructional graphics, user interface (when applicable), and the finished product
- Own the development of all course material, exercises, media, and collateral (audio, video, simulations, role plays, games, etc.)
- Update, curate, and maintain training content for assigned Zillow Group business units
- Establish evaluation criteria and measurement strategies and develop the associated surveys, assessments, and data channels
You will use the following technologies to design and deliver content to learners:
- MS Office applications including PowerPoint and Word
- Google Suite applications including Google Docs and Slides
- Articulate Storyline and Articulate 360
- Learning Management System (Docebo)
This role has been categorized as a Remote position. “Remote” employees do not have a permanent corporate office workplace and, instead, work from a physical location of their choice which must be identified to the Company. Employees may live in any of the 50 US States, with limited exceptions. In certain cases, an employee in a remote-designated job may need to live in a specific region or time zone to support customers or clients as part of their role.
Who you are
- A standout collaborator who prioritizes teamwork and empowering others
- An innovative and future-forward thinker who translates ideas into concrete outcomes
- A strategic problem solver who quickly makes sense of information, finding opportunities and action items
- An exceptional project manager that maintains complete documentation, timelines, and project plans
- 3-5 years of experience in a corporate instructional design role
- Educational background in and/or professional application of adult learning theories and instructional design models
- Expert-level use of authoring tools such as Rise, Storyline, and Captivate
- Proficient use of multimedia creation tools such as Camtasia and Vyond
- Proficient use of visual design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Dreamweaver and the ability to storyboard
- A polished portfolio that demonstrates your skills and imagination
- BS or advanced degree in Organizational Development, Human Resources, Business, Instructional Design, or a related field
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Reimagine the way home.