SOFTWARE ENGINEER (STARLINK SPECIAL PROGRAMS)
- Develop highly reliable and available software systems for our low latency, high capacity satellite-based global software defined network.
- Design and implement highly available, fault-tolerant network that operates for long periods of time with minimal maintenance at scale.
- Participate in architecture, design, and code reviews.
- Develop prototypes to prove out key design concepts and quantify technical constraints.
- Collaborate with other engineers to plan and organize the development of our products.
- Invent new tools that enable more frequent and reliable software deployment, test execution, and data analysis as part of a continuous integration and release system.
- Develop tools that allow for test execution across multiple environments: virtualized hardware, real hardware-in-the-loop simulations, and on-orbit testing.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, math, or STEM discipline; OR 2+ years of professional experience in software development in lieu of a degree.
- Development experience in C, C++, python, or mobile development languages.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Developed, debugged and deployed software that has been used in real world applications/projects.
- Creative approach to problem solving, exceptional analytical skills and engineering fundamentals.
- Solid fundamental knowledge of networks, electronics, math, and physics.
- Strong skills in debugging, performance optimization, and unit testing.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment with changing needs and requirements.
Some preferred skills and experience depend on the specific team within Starlink software, and may include:
- Experience with networking protocols (UDP, TCP/IP, etc.)
- Experience in C++ for high performance systems.
- Experience with security issues associated with distributed systems and internet services.
- Deep understanding of testing, continuous integration, build, deployment & continuous monitoring.
- Must be able to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
Your application has been successfully submitted.