Principal Endpoint Security Engineer
Sony Corporation of America, located in New York, NY, is the U.S. headquarters of Sony Group Corporation, based in Tokyo, Japan. Sony's principal U.S. businesses include Sony Electronics Inc., Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC, Sony Music Entertainment, Sony Music Publishing and Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc. With some 900 million Sony devices in hands and homes worldwide today, a vast array of Sony movies, television shows and music, and the PlayStation Network, Sony creates and delivers more entertainment experiences to more people than anyone else on earth. To learn more: www.sony.com/en.
Sony Corporation of America (SCA), is seeking Principal Endpoint Security Engineer, GSIRT-US to join the Global Information Security Department (GISD) organization in a "Remote Capacity". This position will report to the Endpoint Engineering Senior Manager within the Security Engineering section, as a core team member of the group responsible for implementing and supporting endpoint security functions. This role is also responsible for ensuring the effective use of application, integration and operation of key security products utilized within GSIRT.
- Work with key stakeholders to validate business, solution, and stakeholder requirements to set technical direction and design optimized processes across the security stack.
- Responsible for driving overall security strategy across cloud, network, and endpoint security stack, defining requirements, outlining risks, developing a schedule, and providing solutions when issues are discovered.
- Communicate technology and product strategy effectively to both internal and external stakeholders and leadership.
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability across various security products by identifying enhancement opportunities to increase security posture across the ecosystem.
- Prepare and/or present briefings on solutions, and recommendations tailored to varying levels of technical expertise.
- Create, enhance, and continuously update documentation and knowledge base (user guides, quick starts, documentation, blog posts, demos)
- Contribute to development of compliance reports and metrics to assess the landscape and capabilities deployed across defender security tools.
- Support endpoint projects and execute assigned technical tasks
- Strong work ethic and commitment to accomplish assigned tasks including experience carrying out projects to completion
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required to include technical writing experience
- Ability to clearly communicate complex messages to a variety of audiences
- Sound problem resolution, judgment, negotiating and decision-making skills
- Minimum 5 years’ experience configuring and troubleshooting endpoint security tools such as Microsoft Defender XDR tools, Defender for endpoint, and Carbon Black.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience configuring network security tools such as Tipping Point and Palo Alto is preferred
- Minimum 2 years’ experience supporting the security operations focused environment supporting incident responders with root cause analysis of security tools failing to execute as intended.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience supporting AWS, GCP, and other cloud platforms and deploying security features such as Trend Micro Deep Security
- Experience with Linux and Mac OSX a plus
- All candidates must be authorized to work in the USA
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, military status, status as a veteran or disabled veteran, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or family status, genetic information, medical condition, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, ordinance, or regulation.
Disability Accommodation for Applicants to Sony Corporation of America
Sony Corporation of America provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. For reasonable accommodation requests, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to: Sony Corporation of America, Human Resources Department, 25 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10010. Please indicate the position you are applying for.
As part of our commitment to health and safety, this position requires that the job candidate be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note that an applicant will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose vaccine series (Pfizer or Moderna), or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine). The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for documented medical reasons and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law. Please do not include proof of vaccine status or any indication of a possible request for an accommodation when submitting your application materials. If applicable, the Company will follow up with you directly to request proof of vaccination and to discuss any potential accommodations.
Your application has been successfully submitted.