Technical Product Owner - Lumada Data Optimizer (LDO)
Meet The Team
Hitachi Vantara combines technology, intellectual property and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Come join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes.
What You Will Be Doing
Hitachi Vantara is looking for a motivated hands-on Technical Product Owner (PO) to drive the direction and life cycle of our intelligent storage solutions for Big Data. A leader on the engineering team, the PO ensures we deliver products to market that meet or exceed expectations. A key influencer on product direction and gatekeeper to engineering, you will engage with both customer and internal stakeholders, architects, and product leaders to define and prioritize requirements. As curator and owner of the engineering team's backlog you will use agile processes to deliver impactful releases that contribute to the combined success of our customers and Hitachi Vantara. You will be the public face of the LDO engineering team and will lead or participate in go to market, organizational readiness, and sales enablement activities. You will work closely with individual contributors on the engineering team to ensure every member of the team understands the business impact of each feature, and how their work contributes to positive customer, societal and/or organizational outcomes. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter who can learn new concepts and new technologies on the fly.
• Drive an agile software development process incorporating user experience, software engineering, and cross-functional stakeholders to deliver on product and technology roadmap and strategy.
• Lead and work with stakeholders, Product Management, Architects and Leadership to provide vision, plan road maps and gather requirements for our Sprint Teams.
• Condense requirements into a prioritized backlog consisting of epics and stories for Sprint Teams to work on.
• Lead Sprint Teams in grooming backlog stories and epics.
• Be the "face of the product" for intelligent storage solutions for Big Data. Evangelize our capabilities and our technology to internal teams.
• Provide training and guidance to customer success teams.
• Own and prioritize the short-term roadmap for MVPs and release.
• Lead release and sprint planning, forecasting resource capacity, and estimate development efforts discussions.
• Contribute to internal specifications and external product documentation.
What You Bring To The Team
• Experience with "hands on" Technical Product Ownership and/or software engineering leadership
• Agile process leadership experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate technical subject matter to both technical and non-technical audiences. This would include expertise preparing visual presentations with powerpoint or similar.
• Strong technical background in software engineering.
• Experience with Linux based operating systems
• Friendly, detail minded, and team oriented collaborator.
• Hadoop technologies and particularly HDFS
• Cloud services from Amazon, Google and Microsoft, and particularly object storage services and S3 APIs
• Virtualization technologies and particularly Qemu KVM
• Kubernetes, Kubevirt, Tekton and Docker containers are all a plus.
• Build and automation tools such as: Git, Gitlab pipeline/Github actions, Gradle
• Programming and scripting in any of: C, C++, Java, Python, Bash
• Linux filesystems, mounts, and FUSE
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society. Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage as we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed, and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge
Your application has been successfully submitted.