AppD Senior User Researcher (Remote San Francisco)
San Francisco, CA, USA Remote
AppDynamics is the Application Intelligence company. With AppDynamics, enterprises have real-time insights into application performance, user performance and business performance so they can move faster in an increasingly sophisticated, software-driven world. Our integrated suite of products is built on our innovative, enterprise-grade App iQ Platform that enables our customers to make faster decisions that enhance customer engagement and improve operational and business performance. AppDynamics is uniquely positioned to enable enterprises to accelerate their digital transformations by actively monitoring, analyzing, and optimizing complex application environments at scale which has led to proven success and trust with the Global 2000.
You are curious, empathetic and have a bias toward action. You know the role of user research and how it fits into the product design process, and are able to provide meaningful and actionable insights that inform product design at different stages of the product lifecycle. You have a broad range of knowledge & experience with user research methodologies. While you are tactical, you also look for the big picture, connecting outcomes of various studies to be a part of a strategic research effort. You are capable of discovering patterns and blind spots that your colleagues never anticipate. You are creative in communicating research insights to engage your audience and keep the insights alive overtime. You value high quality work, yet know when to make right trade-offs in the constraints you might have. You are humble and flexible by nature, and committed to advocate for the voice of customers in the product design process. You are comfortable with ambiguity, as well as persistent and creative to overcome obstacles.
About the Role
As a Senior User Researcher, you will partner with design, product, engineering, and marketing colleagues and help them make informed decisions by independently executing user research studies throughout a product’s lifecycle. You will be responsible for engaging with users, customers and prospects to understand their contexts, behaviors, unmet needs, and aspiration. As one of the first user researchers at AppDynamics, you will play a key role in building the user research discipline and culture in our organization. You will influence short-term and long-term product strategies and innovation effort at AppDynamics by bringing life to customer insights as well as organizing workshops.
To succeed in this role, you must:
- Have 7+ years of demonstrable experience in a wide range of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies
- Have led multiple research projects in an enterprise setting, that have had direct business impact.
- Have experience with providing research support for complex software with technical users
- Have experience and knowledge of developing or updating personas, conducting walkthroughs and usability tests remotely
- Have the ability to define key user research questions, identify methods and logistics, execute, and synthesize data to generate actionable insights
- Be pragmatic and able to design appropriate research approaches within constraints, dealing with a changing schedule and priorities
- Be dedicated to inform products - finding actionable insights and incorporating them into product experience
- Have passion and curiosity in researching product experience for expert users (e.g. IT, developers, DevOps), and technology trends of IT
- Have experience in administering and managing complex online research and survey products
- Have expertise in researching, developing, updating and communicating research results to diverse audiences
- Have interest and skill in mentoring junior researchers
- Have a degree in Psychology, Cognitive Science, Human Factors, Anthropology, Human-Computer Interaction, Design, a related field, or equivalent experience
Your application has been successfully submitted.