Product Designer - Duo Security
Austin, TX, USA Remote
About the team...
Our team is creating meaningful impact in a world of data breaches and hacked passwords. We also have a lot of fun doing it. We love learning from our customers through our research practice. Our project work and design systems span mobile and web interfaces. The team is highly collaborative and works closely with engineers and product managers. We are at an exciting moment in our growth. Now, as part of Cisco (Duo was recently acquired) we have the resources and reach of a global company while we keep our super fun culture.
Security doesn’t have to be scary or complex. Design is at the core of Duo's mission: Democratize security by making it simple, effective and easy to use.
A Product Designer at Duo…
- Thinks deeply about user experience and utilizes business rationale to inform their designs.
- Collaborates closely with Project Managers, Engineers and others to bring a unique design-centric perspective to the table.
- Plans and executes design research with customers and shares findings broadly across the organization.
- Creates design solutions that scale for the future, but understands the technology constraints of now.
- Inspires and leads the team toward real business outcomes, while living our "kinder than necessary" value.
In this role you will…
- Design new product features and enhancements that align with the business's top priorities.
- Design solutions for an ecosystem of end-user touchpoints and administrative interfaces.
- Play an active role in advocating for a Human-Centered Design process and creating a collaborative environment.
- Facilitate and lead customer research studies and ‘level-up’ your project team with user insights and understanding.
Experience you bring includes…
- Understanding of interaction design with examples of complex applications you have worked on
- Using fundamental principles of visual design and information architecture to create easy to use and intuitive user interfaces
- Identifying research needs, undertaking research studies and crafting a story around research to educate partners
- Creating documentation and deliverables to enable a common understanding of design goals, deliverables and timelines
- Effectively managing communication with partners across Product Design and feature teams
- Defining and tracking goals and success metrics for projects
Your application has been successfully submitted.