Design Researcher, Duo Security
Ann Arbor, MI, USA Remote
About the team...
As our Product Design team continues to grow in size and influence, our design research needs grow as well. Our team wants to identify and understand the future of security and what that means for our customers. All of our project work begins with time allocated to design research. We are passionate about talking to our customers for concept validation and for usability testing. We facilitate design-led workshops and teach our colleagues about design-driven product development. Design Research is highly regarded at Duo, and we can't hire fast enough to keep up with the internal demand for our team's help!
We need a Senior Design Researcher to help us drive design solutions. Does this sound like you?
- You love understanding why people behave the way they do and help surface questions people didn’t even know they had.
- You are an experienced research professional with a passion for creative and dynamic insights that help teams understand why and how to build better experiences
- You have a proven track record of conducting research and translating it into design.
- You have the ability to employ a variety of research methods to collect rich data that enable product and design teams to make products our customers love.
- You love working closely with Designers, Product Managers and Engineers to define thoughtful research at all stages of the product life cycle.
- You aspire to make meaningful improvements in the lives of individuals, teams, and companies who use our product every day to do their most important work.
Skills you have…
- 7+ years of professional (post-college) work in User Design Research
- Experience identifying key research questions and objectives in partnership with product, design and engineering teams to define and deliver the research roadmap.
- Experience defining research plans including methodology, timelines, participant screening, recruiting and scheduling
- Experience with a wide variety of qualitative research methodologies, such as: conducting one-on-one interviews and ethnographic-style fieldwork, moderating group conversations, running live prototyping sessions, conducting co-design workshops, facilitating design sprints and engaging users remotely.
- Experience synthesizing/analyzing data and research into actionable insights that inform and inspire strategic decisions and design solutions.
- Comfortable performing research tasks externally with customers as well as with internal teams like Marketing, Sales and Labs.
- Comfortable socializing, collaborating and presenting research work and findings to multiple teams and leaders, across the organization.
- Ultimately, you are driven to be an influential partner in helping Duo deliver on its vision to make security an easy and trustworthy experience for all.
Your application has been successfully submitted.