Lead Product Designer, UX
San Francisco, CA, USA
Meraki makes setting up and maintaining reliable Internet and Internet-powered devices easier than ever before. We enable organizations everywhere, from local libraries to hotels operating worldwide, to focus on their mission and have technology that simply works.
We’re looking for a Lead Product Designer to join our team in simplifying IT. As a Lead Product Designer at Meraki, you will lead UX projects and own the design of a product area or cross-product features. Working with partners in Product Management and Engineering, you will identify the right problems to solve and use design methods to choose and iterate on solutions. You will work to understand the complex needs of IT administrators, help set a vision for the product grounded in those needs, and collaborate with a cross-functional team to build it iteratively.
Meraki believes the quality of our products is dependent on the quality of our teams. We place a high value on nurturing the growth and development of everyone on our team. On the Design Team, we give and get feedback early and often, share what we know, and learn from each other. As a Lead Product Designer, you will mentor other members of the design team and help shape the team’s processes and practices.
Our team’s primary focus is on software, but we also find opportunities to collaborate with teams across the organization and think about how to improve the entire customer journey.
- Learn about the domain and workflows of our users.
- Design products: identify the right problems to solve, run and synthesize research, sketch and prototype solutions, make hi-fi visuals.
- Iterate based on peer feedback, user research, usability testing, analytics, and other data.
- Collaborate with partners in product management and engineering to define problems and explore solutions. Build effective working relationships and bring the wider team into the design process.
- Present persuasively. Be able to tell the story of a project and to precisely articulate design rationale.
- Solicit feedback from designers and a wide range of stakeholders. Provide helpful feedback to other designers.
- Mentor junior designers and contribute to team processes and practices.
You are an ideal candidate if you have examples of how you’ve done some of the following:
- Designed solutions for complex domains and workflows, understanding the complexities to make them simpler and more approachable.
- Shipped well-crafted and elegant designs.
- Built relationships with product teams (including engineering and product management), grew their understanding of design, and worked cross-functionally to define and prioritize problems.
- Dug deeper to understand the user needs behind feature requests.
- Balanced exploring a space and developing a vision with shipping often and iteratively.
- Established, documented, and/or evolved a design system.
- Worked with developers to understand trade-offs and to ensure that the details are done right.
- Proactively investigated problems and proposed solutions.
- You are familiar with all of the following areas, and expert in at least one: research, interaction design, graphic design, front-end code (HTML/CSS). You are eager to learn new skills and deepen your areas of expertise.
- Please include a link to your online portfolio
Does this sound like you? We’d love to hear from you.
Meraki is based in the Mission Bay area of San Francisco, less than a 5-minute walk from the Chase Center and with beautiful views of the AT&T Ballpark and the Bay beyond. You will have access to an onsite gym, multiple kitchens stocked with high-quality snacks, a coffee bar, catered lunches every single day, and a generous benefits package.
Your application has been successfully submitted.