Technical Leader/Senior Front End Developer
San Jose, CA, USA
What You'll Do
We are looking for a great Front-End Developer. In this highly visible role as Software Engineer Lead you will:
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Work with teams in different geographic locations.
- Help to improve Cisco community ecosystem experience.
Who You'll Work With
We are Cisco DevNet team – Cisco's developer program. You will be working with a passionate group to design and implement Cisco’s developer platform. You will get the chance to look across all Cisco technology portfolio to innovate and create inspiring apps. You'll join a team of highly skilled full stack cloud native developers, Design Thinking experts, on-prem and cloud architects, working within your team to deliver high quality experience for Cisco's large developer community and Partner ecosystem base around the world.
Cisco is transforming the networking industry. This coveted dynamic team reports to the Senior Vice President to develop a next generation developer ecosystems and platform to help network professionals, application developers, and IT professional to achieve their highest potentials.
Who You Are
You're a passionate front-end developer with good sense on user experience. We require:
- 5-10 years of software development experience
- Strong experience with web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Strong experience with server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Strong experience with asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Strong experience with server-client data exchange protocols. Restful API, websocket and GraphQL
- Strong experience with cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Strong experience with SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
- Strong experience in modern distributed source code management tools (git/GitHub)
- Experience with web application build tool, such as Webpack, Parcel, Vite etc.
- Experience with using unit tests to verify functionality
- Experience in a DevOps model where development and operations have a close collaboration
- Experience with code reviews and collaborative development
- Experience in sizing user stories and working in a scrum team
- Cisco DevNet certification is a plus
- Ideal candidate has done major contributions to a project that delivered a complex WebApp cloud service around content management and/or interactive communities
- Should have good understanding of backend services
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
Your application has been successfully submitted.