Cloud Technical Solutions Developer, Billing
Waterloo, ON, Canada
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in owning and advocating for customer issues/needs.
- Experience in Linux/Unix, basic systems administration.
- Experience with account management and billing systems.
- Understanding of TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, MIME and other RFCs and specifications, with an understanding of network, systems, and related troubleshooting.
- Understanding of networking, Web, and/or standards such as DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, SMTP, HTTP, XML, SAML and web security mechanisms.
- Familiarity with application-level data storage, retrieval, and analysis tools and concepts such as SQL, NoSQL, logs analysis, protocol buffers, and MapReduce.
About the job
The Google Cloud team helps companies, schools, and government seamlessly make the switch to Google products and supports them along the way. You listen to the customer and swiftly problem-solve technical issues to show how our products can make businesses more productive, collaborative, and innovative. You work closely with a cross-functional team of web developers and systems administrators, not to mention a variety of both regional and international customers. Your relationships with customers are crucial in helping Google grow its Cloud business and helping companies around the world innovate.
In this role, you will troubleshoot technical problems for customers with a mix of debugging, networking, system administration, updating documentation, and when needed, coding/scripting. You will make our products easier to adopt and use by making improvements to the product, tools, processes and documentation. Our Technical Solutions team is focused on the customer, and you will help drive the success of Google Cloud by understanding and advocating for our customers’ issues.
Google Cloud provides organizations with leading infrastructure, platform capabilities and industry solutions. We deliver enterprise-grade cloud solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology to help companies operate more efficiently and adapt to changing needs, giving customers a foundation for the future. Customers in more than 150 countries turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to solve their most critical business problems.
- Own and resolve Enterprise customer billing problems through effective diagnosis and troubleshooting.
- Act as a consultant and subject matter expert for customers and internal stakeholders in sales, account management, and customer organizations to resolve billing issues.
- Work closely with product and engineering teams to improve our products.
- Understand customer issues and advocate for their needs with cross-functional teams like Product Management and Software Engineering.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of Google's product technology and underlying architectures by troubleshooting, reproducing, determining the root cause for customer reported issues, and building tools for faster diagnosis, so we can identify and resolve future issues quickly.
Your application has been successfully submitted.