Technical Specialist, Infrastructure Modernization, Google Cloud
Toronto, ON, Canada
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Vancouver, BC, Canada; Ottawa, ON, Canada; Toronto, ON, Canada; Montreal, QC, Canada
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in virtualization or cloud native architectures in a customer-facing or support role.
- Experience with workload migrations, analyzing factors such as scalability, disaster recovery, and high availability.
- Experience in performing technical presentations or public speaking.
- Advanced education in technical field (Computer Science, Engineering and Mathematics).
- Experience with legacy and modern application development, cloud service delivery and deployment.
- Experience with application development technologies, architecting and developing software or infrastructure for scalable and secure distributed systems.
- Experience with Relational Databases, NoSQL Databases and/or Big Data technologies and containers.
- Advanced understanding of IaaS, PaaS, FaaS (XaaS).
About the job
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and build what's next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. Our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will play a key role in understanding the needs of our customers and help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
As a Technical Specialist, you will work with the Sales team to introduce Google Cloud to our customers. You will help prospective, existing customers and partners understand the power of Google Cloud, develop creative cloud solutions and architectures to solve their business challenges, and problem-solve any potential technical roadblocks.
Google Cloud provides organizations with leading infrastructure, platform capabilities and industry solutions. We deliver enterprise-grade cloud solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology to help companies operate more efficiently and adapt to changing needs, giving customers a foundation for the future. Customers in more than 150 countries turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to solve their most critical business problems.
- Work to identify and qualify business opportunities, identify key customer technical objections and develop a strategy to resolve technical blockers.
- Manage technical relationships with Google’s customers, including managing product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and the coordination of additional technical resources.
- Work with customers to demonstrate and prototype Google Cloud product integrations, guide customers through assessments of their existing legacy application environments, provide recommendations on a prioritization roadmap for application modernization, and identify applications for migration to hybrid-cloud computing models.
- Recommend integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution using best practices on Google Cloud.
- Travel to customer sites, conferences, and other related events.
Your application has been successfully submitted.