Opto-Electrical Developer, Augmented Reality
Waterloo, ON, Canada
- Bachelor's degree in Physics Engineering (e.g. specialization in optics, photonics) or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of experience simulating optical architectures and/or testing optical systems.
- Experience participating in opto-mechanical product design qualification
- Experience with analyzing optical system reliability or compliance with safety standards
- Experience tailoring optical design simulations (OpticStudio, Code V)
- Experience with reliability and fault testing of optical, mechanical and/or electrical designs
- Experience with photometry and radiometry measurements
- Experience developing opto-electrical tests and/or mass production processes
- Proficiency applying safety design tools including fault-tree, FIT, and MTBF analyses, and FMEAs to optical, mechanical, and/or electrical designs
About the job
You will work with our display team and lead display safety engineer to develop and verify optical safety solutions. You’ll simulate architectures and designs, develop test methodologies, and execute verification and validation to ensure our products are safe for customers and meet regulatory requirements. You’ll also work closely with our operations and manufacturing teams to ensure our manufacturing and test processes meet our design’s safety and regulatory requirements.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Devices & Services team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences for users. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, the Devices & Services team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Interpret relevant safety standards to define product and decompose subsystem requirements with electrical and optical hardware, and firmware teams
- Propose optical safety solutions based on full system optical and electrical modelling
- Adapt optical and electrical design models to verify a design’s intended compliance with user safety
- Develop, execute, and document test methodologies to validate compliance of the display to relevant safety standards
- Collaborate with manufacturing engineers to develop and document manufacturing processes and test processes to guarantee compliance to safety standards
Your application has been successfully submitted.