Data Center Technician
Montreal, QC, Canada
- Experience with diagnosing and troubleshooting operating system and computer/server hardware.
- Experience with networking protocols.
- Experience with navigating and troubleshooting operating systems.
- D.E.C. in Computer Science or Electronics, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience collaborating and partnering with multiple teams.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to speak and write in French and English fluently.
About the job
The Hardware Operations team is responsible for monitoring, maintaining and deploying the state-of-the-art physical infrastructure behind Google's powerful search technology. As a Data Center Technician, you'll deploy and maintain Google's advanced Data Center Server and Network Infrastructure. You'll also participate in or lead local project teams on larger installations and develop project contingency plans.
In this role, duties range from the physical deployment of data center-related technology to working closely with the various stakeholders. It will fall to you to ensure that our goals, missions and projects are successfully delivered, and, more importantly, that they are repeatable across our global array of data centers. This position offers a great introduction to the wider engineering world at Google. Depending of your area of interest, capabilities, and geographical mobility, you will have the opportunity to develop either within Hardware Operations or move towards software development, engineering, networking operations or our project management groups.
As a Data Center Technician, you'll install, configure, test, troubleshoot and maintain hardware and server software. You'll also take on the configuration of more complex components such as networks, routers, hubs, bridges, switches and networking protocols. You'll participate in or lead small project teams on larger installations and develop project contingency plans.
Final offer for this role is conditional to obtaining security clearance from the government of Canada for Protected B work sites.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Contribute to and lead efforts/projects in the deployment, maintenance and support of current and new data center infrastructure.
- Lead complex troubleshooting and resolve critical or escalated technical issues over a population of affected equipment.
- Help test and troubleshoot new complex server hardware components and designs.
- Configure and troubleshoot OS-related issues on servers.
Your application has been successfully submitted.