Machine learning scientist
At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name – this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the right system set up.
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary:
As a machine learning scientist in PayPal’s Global Data Science organization, you will have an impact on PayPal’s products all around the world. Our machine learning scientists work to better understand our end-users, identify opportunities and improve our products by creating personal and smart experiences. Making use of PayPal’s endless amount of data, you will leverage your data and machine learning skills for the research and delivery of end-to-end ML solutions.
If you are a Data Scientist/Machine learning scientist with sharp analytical skills and a passion for deriving new insights, solving unique challenges, leveraging machine learning algorithms, and working in a highly collaborative, values-driven environment – then PayPal’s Global Data Sciences (GDS) is looking for you.Job Description:
• Design, develop and implement predictive models using advanced data mining and machine learning techniques.
• Collaborate with other machine learning scientists and engineers to formulate innovative solutions to experiment and implement advanced ML/AI techniques
• Work with large volumes of data; extract and manipulate large datasets using standard tools such as Python, Hadoop, SQL
• Analyze data covering a wide range of information from user profile to transaction history and identify patterns through data mining
• Communicate complex concepts and the results of the analyses in a clear and effective manner through creative visualization to stakeholders of varying technical levels
-Advanced degree (MS or PhD) in quantitative science or engineering field (Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Operation Research, etc.) with 2+ years of relevant professional industry experience
-Proficiency in languages used for querying (e.g. SQL/Hive/Pig/Spark), preprocessing (e.g. Unix/Python), and statistical analysis (e.g. Python/R)
- Experience with various Machine Learning algorithms and Statistical methods
-Strong problem solving and communication skills
-Have a passion for working on big data and professional experience in data mining, statistical analysis, predictive modeling, and data manipulation.
-Financial services or eCommerce experience a strong plus
At PayPal, we’re committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can’t do this without our most important asset—you. That’s why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment, employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com
Who We Are:
Click Here to learn more about our culture and community.
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.
As part of PayPal’s commitment to employees’ health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
Your application has been successfully submitted.