Staff Developer Advocate (MTS 2)
At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name – this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the right system set up.
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary:
The Developer Relations team at PayPal seeks to build a thriving & supportive
community of developers that use our products & services. Developers around the world depend on PayPal’s tools, SDKs, and APIs to keep their businesses thriving. Working closely with our developer experience, documentation and sandbox teams, our developer relations team ensures developers have everything they need to be successful. Developers advocates work closely with the community and strive to be their voice within the company. We hold ourselves to the highest ethical standards, empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect.
**This role can be performed remotely (US)**Job Description:
In this role, you will help us build a strong & supportive PayPal developer community.
We’re looking for self-driven individuals that bring a unique combination of engineering
skills as well as community building and communications skills.
Developer advocates are expected to build engaging content to help our customers
understand how to integrate with our products. That includes building sample
applications, videos, blog posts and tutorials that highlight best practices for our
community. It’s expected that you’ll work across many different frameworks and
also be responsible for engaging with our developer community in support forums,
GitHub issues, Stack Overflow, twitter, etc. Depending on interest & availability we
expect developer advocates to engage with the broader developer community through
speaking, live streams, attending tech conferences, hack-a-thons and developing &
supporting open-source software.
• Create engaging content for external developers (videos, tutorials, sample apps, etc.)
• Be the voice of the developer and champion product improvements on their behalf
• Engage with the PayPal developer community in support forums & social media
• Participate and speak in conferences and hack-a-thons that highlight our products
• Develop software prototypes and demo applications leveraging PayPal APIs and SDKs
• Be a positive social media presence for PayPal developer products
• Keep up-to-date with best practices and trends in software development
• Bring fresh ideas for how to engage with the developer community
• Mentor team members in engineering & communications skills (co-writing blog posts,
assisting with video production, providing code review feedback, etc.)
• 8+ years of professional software development experience
• 2+ years of experience mentoring other team members
• 1+ years of experience as a team lead or architect
• Willingness to learn and work across multiple languages & platforms
• Experience writing content for developers (i.e., blogs or documentation)
• Experience supporting or participating in online communities (i.e., stack overflow or
• Experience with public speaking, teaching, livestreaming or creating video tutorials
• Passionate about creating amazing developer experiences
0Colorado Only : The pay range for this position is as mentioned below per year, plus annual bonus. We take into consideration an individual’s background and experience in determining final salary. All PayPal employees are shareholders in our Company, so equity is part of our total compensation plan. This role is also eligible for health insurance, stock purchase plans, retirement savings benefits, stock awards, life insurance and disability benefits, and paid time off for sick leave, parental leave, vacation and PTO. To learn more visit paypalbenefits.com. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location.Colorado Salary in USD : $153935 - $190155Our Benefits:
At PayPal, we’re committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can’t do this without our most important asset—you. That’s why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment, employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com
Who We Are:
Click Here to learn more about our culture and community.
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.
As part of PayPal’s commitment to employees’ health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
Your application has been successfully submitted.