Senior Product Manager (Remote Canada/US)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We’re looking for a Product Manager to join the Actions Compute team to help make our Runners an incredible next generation cloud experience that increases the world’s software velocity with Actions. In this role, you will have the unique opportunity to work with a globally distributed, diverse and passionate Compute team. You’ll work with a team of engineers to research, create and maintain features and experiences impacting millions of developers worldwide. You will also develop deeper expertise in cloud compute and GitHub’s CICD features and evangelize their usage to all types of developers from hobbyists to open source maintainers to large enterprises.
- Own the product vision for your area. You will be responsible for specific areas of the Actions compute platform, and will need to build the vision for them and ensure it aligns with our overall Runner strategy.
- Become an expert on the pre-production compute domain, the market, the trends, and the history. Evangelize your vision so all stakeholders are aligned, have context and understand where we are going.
- Represent the customer. Be the champion and voice of customers in every conversation. You will build direct relationships with customers as well as immersing yourself in customer feedback. You will also build processes to ensure everyone on our team understands the needs of our customers.
- Manage the roadmap. Make tough tactical prioritization decisions while helping the team think long-term. Build trust with stakeholders by maintaining an understandable, accurate roadmap.
- Collaborate across teams. Your success will require coordination across multiple teams and domains at GitHub. You will play a critical role creating alignment between the code scanning interface and CodeQL teams, as well as working with the wider GitHub organisation. We win or lose as a team.
- Data driven decision making. Analyze data for trends and potential customer pain points, and use this to prioritize and inform how to improve the product. Go back to the data when needed to answer questions.
- Measure success. Own the measures used to define success for your area. Success measures must be defined at the inception of a product and tracked throughout its lifecycle. Make measures visible to all stakeholders and interpret them into actionable conclusions and new hypotheses.
- 3-5+ years of engineering, design, product management, or equivalent experience with demonstrated ability to discover opportunities and define and deliver products.
- Skill and enthusiasm for translating customer feedback into actionable priorities.
- Strong organizational skills, both at an individual and team level.
- Strong technical abilities including experience with developer tools.
- Familiarity with modern software development practices and infrastructure.
- Experience building platform capabilities for a cloud service/application at scale.
- Demonstrated ability to translate complex feedback into actionable priorities.
- Entrepreneurial thinking and the ability to act effectively with only high-level direction.
- Strong communication skills, with clear verbal communication as well as explicit and mindful written communication skills.
- Experience working across organizations with Sales, Marketing, Support, Product, Engineering and Design.
- Previous experience with execution environments for CICD & developer workflows.
- Familiarity with cloud compute methodologies and technologies.
- Strong analytical capabilities, to decompose complex structures and data into useful primitives and analyses.
- Demonstrated ability to lead multidisciplinary teams and projects.
- Experience working across organizations with Legal, Accounting, Sales, Marketing, Support, Product, Engineering, and Design
- Experience bringing clarity to situations with a high level of ambiguity
Your application has been successfully submitted.
How people build software.