Product Manager - Data & Security Products (Remote Canada/US)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
In this role, you will have the unique opportunity to work as a Product Manager with a globally distributed, diverse and a passionate team. You’ll work with a team of engineers to research, create and maintain features and experiences impacting millions of developers worldwide. You will also develop deeper expertise into GitHub’s software supply chain product features, evangelize their usage, and support our customers through their security journeys.
- Own the product vision for a successful, widely-used product in the security space. Define the key customer pain points to be solved, and how GitHub will address these needs. Ensure that it aligns with the overall security product strategy and company vision, and help our customers succeed.
- Become an expert on the domain, market, and trends in the space. Evangelize your vision so all stakeholders are aligned, have context and understand where we are going.
- Engage with security leaders at our top customers, identify opportunities to deliver value, and build relationships to better understand how to serve our users. Represent the customer and bring the customer’s voice into the creation process.
- Manage the roadmap. Make tough tactical prioritization decisions and tradeoffs while helping the company think long-term. Build trust with stakeholders by maintaining an understandable, accurate roadmap.
- Collaborate across teams. We win or lose as a team. Product managers play a critical role in creating alignment between engineering teams and stakeholders. A collaborative attitude is essential to the job.
- Use data to inform decision making. Analyze data for trends and potential customer pain points, and use this to prioritize and inform how to improve the product. Go back to the data when needed to answer questions.
- Measure success. Own the measures used to define success for your product. Success measures must be defined at the inception of a product and tracked throughout its lifecycle. Make measures visible to all stakeholders and interpret them into actionable conclusions and new hypotheses.
- Develop new opportunities. With your finger on the pulse of the market, the customers and the engineering teams, you are uniquely positioned to discover and develop new opportunities.
- 3-5+ years of engineering, developer evangelism, product management, program management, or equivalent experience with demonstrated ability to discover opportunities and define and deliver products.
- Previous experience working with a software delivery team.
- Experience of building platform features across a product, deep understanding of administrator’s security needs in an enterprise.
- Experience building features for a cloud service at scale.
- Experience working across organizations with Sales, Marketing, Support, Product, Engineering and Design.
- Strong technical abilities including experience with developer tools.
- Familiarity with modern software development practices.
- Demonstrated ability to translate complex feedback into actionable priorities.
- Entrepreneurial thinking and the ability to act effectively with only high-level direction.
- Strong communication skills, with clear verbal communication as well as explicit and mindful written communication skills.
- Strong customer and stakeholder empathy and understanding.
- Strong analytical capabilities, to decompose complex structures and data into useful primitives and analyses.
- Demonstrated ability to lead multidisciplinary teams and projects.
- Previous experience with security products, teams, and processes.
- Previous experience with open source project development, use, and consumption.
- Willingness to travel anywhere to our developer communities, staying productive and professional on the road.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
How people build software.