Product Manager - Accessibility (Remote US)
United States Remote
We’re looking for a Product Manager to lead GitHub’s new Accessibility program. In this role, you will define the product strategy and vision for how we’ll not only make all GitHub products accessible by design, but also how we’ll take advantage of our tremendous opportunity to leverage our platform to help all developers build more accessible code. You’ll collaborate with a diverse team of globally distributed engineers, product managers and designers to research, create, and maintain experiences impacting millions of developers worldwide.
What you will be doing:
- Own the vision for your area. You will be responsible for defining a product vision for the future of GitHub’s accessibility program and will need to work across the entire company to build the vision for how we build products at GitHub and ensure it aligns with our business goals.
- Manage the roadmap. Make tough tactical prioritization decisions while helping the team think long-term. Build trust with stakeholders by maintaining an understandable, accurate roadmap.
- Collaborate across teams. Your success will require coordination across multiple teams and domains at GitHub to build scalable accessibility processes, tooling and features.
- Be customer obsessed: We are hyperfocused on building a GitHub driven by the needs of our customers. Collaborate with people with disabilities to learn how we can remove barriers within our products to empower all developers to do their best work on GitHub.
- Measure success. Own the measures used to define success for accessibility across GitHub. Success measures must be defined at the inception of a product and tracked throughout its lifecycle. Make measures visible to all stakeholders and interpret them into actionable conclusions and new hypotheses.
You might be a fit if:
- You have 3-5+ years of engineering, product management, program management, or equivalent experience with demonstrated ability to bring people together to build large systems.
- You have 2 years or more experience in accessibility and inclusive design.
- You are familiar with modern software development practices used to build and deploy web and mobile applications.
- You have strong technical abilities and a track record of working through complex technical problems.
- You possess strong communication skills, with clear verbal communication as well as explicit and mindful written communication skills.
- You strive to empower others and build an inclusive team.
Bonus points if:
- You have first hand experience with assistive technologies.
- You have experience building UI frameworks or design systems.
- You have deep experience with complex enterprise software applications.
- You have experience designing cross-platform experiences, from web to native mobile.
- You are passionate about GitHub and the opportunities that lie ahead of us.
Your application has been successfully submitted.