Data Analyst, Centralized Fleet
What to Expect
The Role: Our Centralized Fleet team supports a variety of Tesla teams with DOT Compliance, fuel programs, maintenance programs, telematics, accident management, equipment lifecycles, tolls, driver qualifications, and data analytics. As a Data Analyst, you will help internal teams navigate this exciting and dynamic industry by creating impactful visualizations, data modeling, forecasting, and cost analysis. Candidates for this job have a strong eye for detail, adapt to sudden changes, manage difficult and complex challenges, and work collaboratively. This job will require some nights and weekends and admittedly many responsibilities not listed below.
What You’ll Do
- Experience or capacity to build models, query data across multiple SQL databases, and conduct rigorous quantitative analysis.
- Generate data visualizations based on requirements from different stakeholders, including operations, finance, and other non-logistics business units.
- Work closely with operations team members to define, measure, and track key performance indicators, measuring operational performance and outcomes.
- Conduct research and data collection as part of ad hoc analysis requests, enabling business and operations units to conduct data-driven root cause analysis.
- Analyze key drivers of logistics performance and identify prioritized actions for reducing vehicle dwell time, optimizing lane transit time, and minimizing vehicle re-routings and exceptions.
- Work closely with commercial fleet team to analyze DOT compliance, driver compliance data, vehicle life cycle, cost analysis, and assist with defining key fleet performance metrics.
- Work with vendors and internal teams to build API integrations, structure data tables, and build report visualizations.
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, supply chain, data science, mathematics or related field or equivalent experience with evidence of exceptional ability.
- 2+ years’ experience working with business systems, data analytics, or robust quantitative analysis.
- Exceptional analytical skills in logistics, data visualization, and the ability to derive important information from data.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate with technical team members is essential.
- Experience or capacity to build data models, query data sources, clean data, and synthesize analysis in clear language, accessible to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Technical skills with (Python, R, ETL, SQL, JSON) is preferred
- Experience with telematics and fleet data is preferred
- Ability to define problems, collect relevant data, extract meaning from data, and draw logical and coherent conclusions.
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact email@example.com for additional information or to request accommodations.
Privacy is a top priority for Tesla. We build it into our products and view it as an essential part of our business. To understand more about the data we collect and process as part of your application, please view our Tesla Talent Privacy Notice.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
To accelerate the advent of sustainable transport and electric technology