Associate Data Analyst
What to Expect
Tesla’s Energy Operations Service team operates & maintains deployed assets including North American residential & commercial solar, global behind-the-meter & front-of-meter storage, and global electric vehicle charging infrastructure. The role will be expected to closely partner with the operations team to develop reporting tools & improve processes, engineering functions for technical root cause analysis, and lead cross-functional decision-making & implementation of large-scale change for how Tesla Energy operates & maintains its 10-30 year warranted assets.
The Energy Service Transformation & Analytics team is embedded in daily operations, supporting both near-term execution and long-term planning. Team members are expected to partner closely with the business to analyze technical data, provide recommendations, and lead cross-functional decision-making and implementation of the recommendations.
What You’ll Do
- Analyze and visualize service cases or tickets to enable easier tracking, systems change management, and reinforce ownership accountability
- Define and implement Residential Field Force efficiency measures for end-to-end operations management: processing of inbound customer issues, scheduling & planning, and field execution
- Develop reinforcing reporting mechanisms for 3rd party installers and their internal Tesla partners to ensure returns of equipment, such as residential storage Powerwalls
- Build reporting and train global residential service field forces to use technician-level warehouse inventories such that they can complete first visit replacements
- Measure daily inventory levels throughout supply chain and identify build plan and other gaps in spare part supplies
- Maintain throughput targets for global remanufacturing teams, measure weekly progress, standardize processes between each team
- Visualize design supersession matrices to enable faster part replacements if no like-for-like equipment available
- Break down processes into discrete components for analysis and optimization
What You’ll Bring
- Evidence of exceptional ability, especially within an ambiguous environment
- 2-5 years of experience in analytics, program manager, or other structured training program
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering preferred or and/commensurate experience
- Demonstrated success driving tangible impact / influencing within a broader organization
- Ability to quickly grasp technical concepts at a detailed level, and synthesize implications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, particularly with senior business leaders
- Excellent analytical skills (e.g., Microsoft Office applications, SQL, Tableau, etc.)
- Highly collaborative, team oriented, and comfortable leading cross-functional projects, especially those consisting of both technical and non-technical stakeholders
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact email@example.com for additional information or to request accommodations.
Privacy is a top priority for Tesla. We build it into our products and view it as an essential part of our business. To understand more about the data we collect and process as part of your application, please view our Tesla Talent Privacy Notice.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
To accelerate the advent of sustainable transport and electric technology