Full Stack Engineer, Autopilot Validation
The Autopilot QA team is the main line of defense for preventing critical bugs from reaching our customer fleet. To do so, the team leverages suites of automated tests to flag issues and quantify their impact on Autopilot behavior. We are looking for an experienced and dedicated full stack developer to take ownership of our tooling to ensure that we can properly (and quickly) generate and communicate performance metrics to the rest of the organization.
These tools will not just be used by the QA team when it is time for release signoffs. They will be used by control engineers to rapidly iterate on their code for improving unprotected left turns, by vision engineers to decide which Neural Networks to run in the car, and by product managers to generate safety metrics for presentations to government agencies. These tools have high visibility within the organization, and as such, features and bug fixes will need to be resolved swiftly.
What You’ll Do
· Create, maintain and expand internal tools for validation of Autopilot vehicle behavior.
· Work with controls, perception, and vision engineers on visualization tools tailored to their workflows.
· Debug issues with our live system, identify the root causes, and fix them.
What You’ll Bring
· BS in Computer Science, Physics, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or proof of exceptional skills in related fields, with practical software engineering experience. (Hiring all levels: new grad, senior, staff).
· Experience with web frameworks such as Flask or Django.
· Knowledge of ORMs (Object-Relational Mapping) like Sqlalchemy, Postgres, AWS.
· Excellent interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills.
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information or to request accommodations.
Privacy is a top priority for Tesla. We build it into our products and view it as an essential part of our business. To understand more about the data we collect and process as part of your application, please view our Tesla Talent Privacy Notice.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
To accelerate the advent of sustainable transport and electric technology