Finance Manager Braintree TE
At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name – this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the right system set up.
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary:
Lead the budgeting, forecasting and analysis of transaction expense for Braintree. Be the business partner and thought leader for Braintree Payments by providing deep business and financial insights.Job Description:
Job Description Summary:
The Payments FP&A (Financial Planning and Analysis) team is a key partner and enabler of the Payments & Finance organizations. The team is responsible for helping the partners meet business objectives and KPI goals by providing outstanding finance support and business insights. As a critical member of the team, this role will be primarily responsible to plan, manage and monitor Braintree transaction expenses. As a valuable partner to payment leadership team, this role will be deeply involved in the financial modelling of business cases and detailed analysis of latest trends. This role will forecast transaction expenses on a monthly basis and support the monthly and quarterly financial reporting commitments of PayPal.
Core Responsibilities include:
- Detailed budgeting, forecasting and analysis of transaction expense using modelling. Forecast and manage costs for PayPal, Braintree and other properties. Understand, forecast and explain impact of merchant mix, sector mix, consumer spending patterns and external drivers on cost.
- Be the business partner and thought leader for Payments by providing deep business and financial insights; support them during strategic planning process, scenario planning, initiative scoping, partnership deals, contract negotiations, and other day to day finance related activities.
- Effectively communicate financial performance to leadership across finance & payments organization.
- Develop business cases for initiatives including detailed financial modelling, measuring actuals and do a look back periodically.
- Regularly partner with Payments team to do opportunity mining to optimize transaction expenses.
- Analyze weekly expense trends & their drivers, compare with target and present the analysis to finance leadership.
- As a subject matter expert, support the broader company by providing insights about the expense trends and facilitate decision making across various functions
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Finance, Economics or related quantitative discipline.
- 6+ years of prior experience in Finance or Analytics field in a high growth, global company preferably in payments, financial services or internet-based sectors
- Budget Formulation & Management, Trend & Variance Analysis. Ability to analyze and automate financial invoices.
- Should be comfortable with financial modeling and working with large amounts of data/databases
- Experience with SQL or Python
- Detail oriented and strong analytical skills
- Prior experience with financial planning and reporting systems (e.g. Hyperion, Essbase, Tableau, QlikView) is preferred
- Experience in building powerful presentations with a crisp and clear storyline
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, cross functional team environment setting
- Strong verbal, presentation and written communication skills
0New York City Only : The pay range for this position is as mentioned below per year, plus annual bonus. We take into consideration an individual’s background and experience in determining final salary. All PayPal employees are shareholders in our Company, so equity is part of our total compensation plan. This role is also eligible for health insurance, stock purchase plans, retirement savings benefits, stock awards, life insurance and disability benefits, and paid time off for sick leave, parental leave, vacation and PTO. To learn more visit paypalbenefits.com. This information is provided per the New York City Human Rights Law. Base pay information is based on market location.New York City Salary in USD: $121125 - $149625Our Benefits:
At PayPal, we’re committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can’t do this without our most important asset—you. That’s why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment, employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com
Who We Are:
Click Here to learn more about our culture and community.
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of PayPal’s commitment to employees’ health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
Your application has been successfully submitted.