At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name – this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the right system set up.
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary:
As a Data Scientist at PayPal, you will apply your strategic and analytical skills to solve major risk challenges. You will act as a risk consultant to drive recommendations and implement solutions that ultimately impact the top and bottom lines. And you will do it all by collaborating with a global team of colleagues across sales, operations, product, data science, and finance in an environment that values your risk domain and data expertise, encourages you to take on new responsibility, promotes continuous learning, and rewards innovation.Job Description:
Your Day-to-day Will Involve
- Using modeling and analytics to understand how risk decisions impact our top and bottom lines. This will include assessing risks of new/existing products, determining risk policies, or identifying inefficiencies in existing risk operations.
- Ensuring the team is delivering on our KPIs by using various data mining and data visualization tools to monitor portfolio performance and identify improvement opportunities
- Developing hypotheses and set up your own problem frameworks to test for the best solutions. You will also scope the operational feasibility, lead implementation efforts, and monitor the success of your solutions.
- Leveraging data analysis tools and technologies. For example, using machine learning to determine how we identify and mitigate risk on the platform.
- Creating new solutions rooted in empathy and research that assist all customers as they work to better manage their finances.
- Collaborating in a team environment. As part of our crew, you will learn to energetically rally diverse groups in pursuit of a common goal.
The Ideal Candidate Is
- Innovative & Curious - You have the desire and ability to connect and empathize with our customers. You have an entrepreneurial spirit and get excited about creating new businesses and reinventing current ones. You ask why, explore, and bring your unique perspective to the table.
- Analytical & Action-Oriented - You are data driven and outcome focused. You grow comfortable with ambiguity, fueled by a hunger to learn and constantly seeking out new challenges. You have a desire to take action, try new things, and sometimes fail. You persevere but know when to change course and are up for juggling multiple deliverables.
- Collaborative & Team-Oriented - You always keep the people around you in the loop and are excited to communicate complex ideas clearly to make sure your co-workers understand the “why” behind their work and their key priorities.
- Inclusive - You will empathize with those around you and care about their success, as you bring people together around what’s possible.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a quantitative field (Business, Math, Economics, Finance, Statistics, Science, Engineering)
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in the risk domain associated with payments, fintech, banking or the ecommerce industry
- Experience with technical tools such as SQL, Python, Tableau
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors, which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
PayPal Travel Percent:
At PayPal, we’re committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can’t do this without our most important asset—you. That’s why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment, employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com
Who We Are:
Click Here to learn more about our culture and community.
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.
As part of PayPal’s commitment to employees’ health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
Your application has been successfully submitted.