Senior Salesforce Development Engineer
A sales organization’s success is often predicated on its ability to follow process and access data quickly. Those who properly utilize highly efficient tools to track progress, capture data, and dig into valuable dashboards find themselves on a clear path toward growth.
Are you a motivated pro when it comes to improving processes? Do your technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills set you apart from the rest when planning, developing, and testing software systems or applications? Is finding creative opportunities and collaborating with key players at all levels to initiate change in a dynamic organization your objective of choice?
If so, Canon U.S.A., Inc. wants to meet you. We’re actively looking for a passionate Senior Salesforce Development Engineer (Sr Engineer, Software Develpmt) to go beyond basic functions, tackle complex issues, and support the Marketing Technology team, along with our subsidiary, Canon Solutions America, in making improvements to the company’s current instance of Salesforce, as well as participate in the conceptual development and direction of a new instance of Salesforce. In this role, you’ll administer system configuration, the design of reports and dashboards, end-user training and data integrations, and the purity and integrity of data, while collaborating with cross-functional leaders to help facilitate system and software enhancements that stimulate growth. If you’re a true self-starter with a legacy of championing change, analyzing multifaceted situations and variable data, and a leader in developing new ways of doing business, keep reading.
This position is full time and offers a hybrid work schedule requiring you to be in the office Monday and Wednesday and an option to work from home the remainder of the week (unless a specific business need arises requiring in office attendance on other days). Note that work schedules and office reporting requirements may change from time to time based on business needs.
Our ideal candidate will lead the charge by:
- Connecting with applicable stakeholders to compile and analyze requirements and propose solutions that support and utilize Salesforce’s functionality
- Managing and/or executing all phases of development projects—from information gathering to design and specification, coding, and testing
- Ascertaining production pitfalls and sections for improvement, while planning, designing, and advancing the productive execution and promotion of innovative processes
- Converting new solutions into functional deliverables to help facilitate a heightened level of quality, accuracy, and process consistency
- Overseeing the configuration, design, functionality, and end-user advancement of the Salesforce application. This includes the formation and upkeep of a catalog of functions, not limited to custom objects, record types, fields, page layout, and more
- Participating in software review processes to include design analysis, functionality, and performance, as well as future organizational strategies
- Providing expert technical support to developers implementing Canon Software, along with assistance to the Developer Support Program when necessary
- Partnering with the Data and Sales Technology team on critical projects and strategic modifications to systems and processes
- Working closely with Marketing, Business Process Re-engineering, and other significant stakeholders to promote and deliver high levels of data integrity and functional reliability of the organization’s standardized business analytics, tools, and processes
- Controlling user roles and profiles, security and access settings, etc., along with instituting change control and best practices related to system maintenance, configuration, development, testing, data integrity, and more
- Administering data imports, database de-duplication, and cleanup, along with the integration of external applications connected to Salesforce
- Producing and carrying out instructions for end users and establishing and maintaining all training materials and guides for processes related to Salesforce business applications
- Developing and defining the department’s present infrastructure and future direction, collaborating with management on process implementation and technical outlook
Please note: We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations, orders and mandates, including those we may be required to follow as a federal government contractor/subcontractor.
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline required, plus 5 years of related experience. *A note on degree requirements for this title: the term "engineering discipline" refers primarily to a degree in Mechanical, Software or Electrical Engineering, with additional consideration given to candidates who have degrees in Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Applied Physics, Biology or Chemistry if they have attended recognized engineering schools or otherwise demonstrate sufficient knowledge of engineering skills
- Salesforce Certifications (at least one of the following):
- Administrator Certifications: Advanced Admin (with Admin), App Builder
- Salesforce Developer Certifications: Data Architecture, Sharing and Visibility, Platform Developer 1, Integration Architecture, Identity and Access
- Consultant Certifications: Sales Cloud and/or Service Cloud Consultant, as well as Analytics, Communities, or similar
- A knack for creativity, problem solving, and overcoming obstacles without direction
- A mastering of basic functions with the ability to unequivocally manage more complicated engineering issues
- A proven track record of creating custom objects, workflows, validation rules, and triggers within the Salesforce platform, along with coding background in Apex (or Java)
- A firm grasp of data sets, data structures, and data modeling with the ability to recognize areas in need of process improvement in order to administer solutions, as well as the integration of systems (compare and map data sets, APIs, synchronization)
- Unparalleled customer service proficiency with the flexibility to adapt and embrace change
- The propensity to nurture productive relationships with various internal stakeholders and executive management
- Outstanding written and oral communications skills paired with a strong work ethic and the ability to manage time in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
The company will not pursue or support visa sponsorship for this position.
About our Company - Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions to the United States and to Latin America and the Caribbean markets. With approximately $30.4 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents granted in 2020† and is one of Fortune Magazine's World's Most Admired Companies in 2020. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss and follow us on Twitter @CanonUSA.
†Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office.
All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners.
Canon U.S.A., Inc. offers a competitive compensation package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) Savings Plan, discretionary profit sharing, discretionary success sharing, educational assistance, recognition programs, vacation, and much more. A more comprehensive list of what we have to offer is available at https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/about/careers/benefits-compensation/
We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations, orders and mandates, including those we may be required to follow as a federal government contractor/subcontractor.
We are an EEO/AA employer. Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers’ site https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/about/careers, we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/about/careers.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Delighting You Always