Analyst, Proposal Assoc
Responsible for assisting and supporting bid and RFI efforts, including conducting basic research, coordinating meetings and participating in preparing proposals and presentations. This is an entry level position that will grow individuals into the organization.
Proposal Management & Development – (70%)
- Participates and assists in proposal development and bid activities for local and regional opportunities including maintaining schedules, coordinating inputs and reviews, and tracking bid strategy implementation.
- Drafts responses to smaller and less complex RFI opportunities.
- Prepares PowerPoint presentations to support RFP/RFI/RFQ opportunities, as well as current contract renewals and expansion requests using defined processes.
- Conducts basic research of current prospects; researches and interviews Operations, Technology, and others to draft appropriate and effective copy for individual proposals and bid materials.
- Reviews and edits written materials to ensure quality and consistency.
- Meets established deadlines for all proposals.
Solution Design & Positioning (10%)
- Gains a clear understanding of division’s and client’s objectives, observing and absorbing market knowledge and trends.
- Documents solutions that address customer requirements and needs.
- Partners with key teams such as Pricing, Operations and Sales to obtain data required for less complex solution design and documentation.
Project Coordination (20%)
- Conducts basic research on potential clients in preparation for RFI/RFP/RFQ opportunities, exploring company websites, collateral, press releases to understand company culture, financials, and goals.
- Assists Proposal Analysts and Senior Proposal Analysts by coordinating Project Notebooks, meetings, and drafts for ongoing RFI/RFP/RFQ projects.
If this role is located in New York City, per applicable NYC law, the individual performing this role must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and provide proof of vaccination to the Company prior to the start date, unless the Company grants an exemption based on a disability/medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, religious beliefs or observances, or status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking, or sex offenses.
-Degree in English, Communications, Journalism, or Marketing related subject preferred.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Must be a proficient, persuasive writer.
- Experience creating graphics and formatting documents.
- Research & analytical skills are required.
- Attention to detail balanced by a view of the larger goal.
- Must have professional image and polished presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a greater team.
- Project management skills required.
- Must be skilled in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, OneNote, Visio).
- May be required to work non-standard hours due to client deadlines.
- Experience with Adobe and proposal management software is a plus.
- May require travel to client sites, including overnights less than 10% of time
About our Company - Canon Solutions America, Inc. empowers companies of all sizes to succeed by supplying market leading enterprise, production, and large format printing solutions, supported by exceptional professional service offerings. With unwavering dedication to promote professional innovation, Canon Solutions America, Inc. helps drive sustainability, nurture efficiency, and regulate costs through the unification of comprehensive digital and traditional printing and document management solutions. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Canon U.S.A., Canon Solutions America, Inc. is headquartered in Melville, NY and has sales and service locations across the U.S. Our parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE: CAJ), which earned approximately $30.4 billion in global revenue in 2020, ranks third overall in U.S. patents granted in 2020 and was named one of Fortune Magazine’s World’s Most Admired Companies in 2020.
Canon Solutions America offers a competitive compensation package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) Savings Plan, discretionary profit sharing, discretionary success sharing, educational assistance, recognition programs, vacation, and much more. A more comprehensive list of what we have to offer is available at https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/about/careers/benefits-compensation/
We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations, orders and mandates, including those we may be required to follow as a federal government contractor/subcontractor.
We are an EEO/AA employer. Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers’ site csa.canon.com/careers, we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at csa.canon.com/careers.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Delighting You Always