Senior Production Specialist
Canon U.S.A., Inc. in Melville, NY is looking for a highly creative and well-rounded Senior Video Production and Post Production Specialist (Sr Specialist, Production) to join our in-house creative team. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in Video Production and Post Production. They will have a strong work ethic coupled with the ability to work efficiently in a fast-moving, dynamic environment, while maintaining a positive attitude. Exceptional attention to detail is critical, as well as the ability to self-start, prioritize to achieve deadlines, and deliver to a high brand standard. To thrive in our fast-paced environment, you should be prepared for last-minutes requests and quick turnarounds, while being able to prioritize on-going assignments.The right candidate is obsessed with all things video and motion, from editing software and styles, to sound mixing, to color grading, motion design techniques and live streaming. Additionally, he/she brings a wealth of innovative ideas for how to tell compelling stories across a variety of platforms and has his/her finger on the pulse with respect to trends in the video landscape. Experience in a corporate in house production team preferred.
This position requires full-time presence at your assigned office(s)/worksite(s)/territory.
- Execution of in studio video productions for internal and external clients
- Work in collaboration with Producer/Project Manager to determine the appropriate workflow to implement for new clients and to maintain the project integrity
- Determine production lighting scheme, including composition, background and product set up with chosen props, as well as any additional specifications to ensure quality shooting
- Responsible for final videos in their entirety (lighting, styling, cleanliness, compositions, etc.), collaborating with the creative and post production teams
- Extensive knowledge of Canon Camera and Video systems maintaining a complete understanding of all videography situations
- Working knowledge of On-Set workflow
- A fully qualified, seasoned professional with a full understanding of the job role who receives general instruction from manager on new assignments but little to no direction in day-to-day work
Please note: We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations, orders and mandates, including those we may be required to follow as a federal government contractor/subcontractor.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience required, plus 5+ years experience with studio photography & videography
- Proficient in Mac platform
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Capture One Pro
- Professional attitude on set and in front of clients
- Reliable with the ability to adapt to changing conditions
- Ability to work under pressure in deadline-driven environment
- Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize/multi-task and follow projects through to completion
- Excellent people skills & Team player
The company will not pursue or support visa sponsorship for this position.
About our Company - Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions to the United States and to Latin America and the Caribbean markets. With approximately $30.4 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents granted in 2020† and is one of Fortune Magazine's World's Most Admired Companies in 2020. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss and follow us on Twitter @CanonUSA.
†Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office.
All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners.
Canon U.S.A., Inc. offers a competitive compensation package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) Savings Plan, discretionary profit sharing, discretionary success sharing, educational assistance, recognition programs, vacation, and much more. A more comprehensive list of what we have to offer is available at https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/about/careers/benefits-compensation/
We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations, orders and mandates, including those we may be required to follow as a federal government contractor/subcontractor.
We are an EEO/AA employer. Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers’ site https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/about/careers, we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/about/careers.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Delighting You Always