Sr Specialist, Corp Benefits
The Corporate Human Resources Division of Canon U.S.A.'s has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Corporate Benefits professional who will focus on vendor management, employee communications and wellness activities.
This position is full time and offers a hybrid work schedule requiring you to be in the office Mondays and Wednesdays and an option to work from home the remainder of the week (unless a specific business need arises requiring in office attendance on other days). Note that work schedules and office reporting requirements may change from time to time based on business needs.
The Corporate Benefits Specialist will provide comprehensive analytical support for employee benefit programs. In this role you will work with Payroll, HR, HRIS, and external vendors.
- Makes recommendations to offer cost effective and competitive employee benefits.
- Analyzes the effectiveness of company benefit plans and recommends improvements and changes.
- Administers health and welfare programs including Canon health, pharmacy, life insurance, and disability.
- Interprets plan rules and resolves problems escalated by field HR organization.
- Conducts regular audits of benefit plans.
- Maintains legal compliance of all plans.
- Revises and rewrites summary plan descriptions and other written material annually.
- Writes and maintains procedural manuals for each benefit plan.
- Schedules annual review meetings for all vendors.
- Conducts regular conference calls with disability vendor to address claim issues.
- Processes life insurance claims with vendor.
- Prepares annual enrollment and explanatory materials for employees and field HR staff.
- Works with benefit admin vendor and coordinates with internal corporate communications and HR Communications Specialist on theme, branding and messaging.
- Coordinates annual benefit enrollment for active and COBRA participants including on-site or remote employee meetings.
- Provides assistance to employees with the enrollment process.
Wellness Programs - Works with Benefit Specialist to schedule wellness events including lunch & learns, flu shots, walking challenges and more.
Bachelor's degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience required, plus 5 years of related experience in a corporate benefits role.
The successful candidate will be detail oriented and have excellent oral and written communication skills.
Proficiency in MS Word and Excel required
The Company will not pursue or support visa sponsorship for this position.
About our Company - Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions to the United States and to Latin America and the Caribbean markets. With approximately $30.4 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents granted in 2020† and is one of Fortune Magazine's World's Most Admired Companies in 2020. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss and follow us on Twitter @CanonUSA.
†Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office.
All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners.
Canon U.S.A., Inc. offers a competitive compensation package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) Savings Plan, discretionary profit sharing, discretionary success sharing, educational assistance, recognition programs, vacation, and much more. A more comprehensive list of what we have to offer is available at https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/about/careers/benefits-compensation/
We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations, orders and mandates, including those we may be required to follow as a federal government contractor/subcontractor.
We are an EEO/AA employer. Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers’ site https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/about/careers, we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/about/careers.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Delighting You Always