Account Technical Leader (Federal System Integrators) (Remote US)
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible.You will be joining our industry leading Open Hybrid Cloud Platform team. IBM’s open hybrid cloud platform architecture, based on RedHat OpenShift, works with the entire range of clients’ existing IT infrastructures, regardless of vendor. This platform allows clients to “write-once/run-anywhere,” and enables a hybrid cloud approach that drives up to 2.5 times more value for clients than a public cloud-only solution. Join us in addressing this 1 trillion dollar addressable market”. You can see more here @ https://www.ibm.com/cloud/hybrid
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Account Technical Leader (ATL) is a Pre Sales / Solution Architect Technical Leadership role dedicated to IBM’s most strategic clients in the Federal Space. Account Technical Leaders create and maintain proven, trusted technical advisor relationships at all levels within the client’s organization to assist customers in the understanding, design and deployment of innovative solutions that address complex business problems.
As a strategic and systems thinker, and business influencer, the ATL will thoroughly interpret business requirements and translate those into technology architecture decisions. ATLs employ contemporary approaches like Agile Methodology and Design Thinking to conduct rigorous solution design and ensure the solutions we propose integrate seamlessly into the clients IT environment. The ATL will also optimize the IBM portfolio during solution design to drive multi-brand business solutions. ATLs drive the clients innovation agenda by leveraging IBM Research, engaging in POCs and First-Of-A-Kind projects, and will have an entrepreneurial mindset to lead IBM Garage teams to co-create with their client.
- Proven ability to articulate and deliver compelling, industry focused, technical solutions and value
- Successful track record and experience leading technical projects from design through implementation
- In-depth, technical business development, sales and/or consultant experience
- Demonstrated hands-on technology skills in Cloud, Data, Analytics and AI technologies
- Demonstrated collaboration and negotiation skills.
- Successful track record in effectively working and leveraging cross-functional resources in an organization to implement strategic initiatives.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills at all levels of an organization.
- Strong Technical / Consultative Sales within the Public Sector and their entities.
- Driven and self-motivated with an entrepreneurial spirit and a commitment to excellence in everything they do.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 5 years’ experience developing solution requirements and winning key architectural decisions at clients
- Technical Sales experience in one or more Public Sector area’s such as: State & Local Government, Military, Law Enforcement, Federal System Integrators and Public Enterprises: with a strong understanding of their disciplines and products and services.
- At least 5 years’ experience designing, architecting, and implementing solutions
- At least 2 years’ experience leading architectural direction and cross-brand selling
- Ability to build and maintain strong, trust-based business relationships with peers and customers
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology
- At least 5 years’ experience in Enterprise Technical Sales
- At least 5 years’ experience leading architectural direction and cross-brand selling
- Security Clearance
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We partner with developers, data scientists, CTOs and other creators to make the world work better.