Software Engineer, Cloud Native Infrastructure
TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Mumbai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul, and Tokyo.
The Cloud Native Infrastructure team is part of the core Technical Infrastructure engineering team of ByteDance R&D. The team implements and manages a Kubernetes-like Cloud-Native Orchestration framework and cluster management system to host microservices, serverless applications, big data processing, machine learning, distributed storage services, and edge computing platforms for the company. With super-fast growing Tiktok business and its fleet of machines across Multi-Clouds hosting hundreds of millions of containers and applications, it's critical to deliver a world-class orchestration system with high agility, large scalability, high availability, and extreme performance assurance.
We are hiring both Senior and Junior Software Engineers to accelerate the innovation on the next-gen Cloud-Native Infrastructure and Orchestration framework. As a development engineer of the team, you will have various opportunities to learn cutting-edge cloud-native and k8s technologies in a hyper-scale environment, work with super innovative and open-minded engineers across teams with diverse and inclusive cultures, and challenge yourself to develop a complex world-class k8s system and grow your career in a multi-cloud era.
• Build cutting edge application orchestration framework to host various types of production workloads, e.g., services management, big data jobs, distributed machine learning systems, and distributed storage services, edge computing and Public Cloud
• Build complex container-based cluster management to manage our hyper-scale resources and workloads, with extremely high-performance, scalability, and resilience
• Design and build a flexible, unified, and distributed resources/tasks scheduling framework to meet various new application requirements
• Design and build cluster federation, scaling, and co-location solutions to optimize resource utilization in multi-cloud environments
• Apply ML methodologies to our scheduler to help reduce resource fragmentation, balance hot spot and optimize datacenter power usage.
• BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
• Profiency in at least one programming language, e.g., Golang, Python, Rust, Java, C/C++
• Experience working with two or more of the following areas: Unix/Linux environments, distributed and parallel systems, networking systems, developing large scale software systems
• Experience in cloud-native application or framework development, e.g., OAM, dapr, or vitess
• Experience in one large scale cluster management systems, e.g., Kubernetes, Yarn, or Mesos
• Experience in large scale resources and tasks scheduling development
• Project experience in application scaling, workload co-location, and isolation enhancement
• Experience in container runtime and relevant projects, e.g., Containerd, Kata-Container, gVisor, or x-containers
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We are passionate about this and hope you are too. TikTok is committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process. If you need assistance or accommodation, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Real People, Real Videos.