Senior Data Scientist
TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Mumbai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul and Tokyo.
Why Join Us
At TikTok, our people are humble, intelligent, compassionate and creative. We create to inspire - for you, for us, and for more than 1 billion users on our platform. We lead with curiosity and aim for the highest, never shying away from taking calculated risks and embracing ambiguity as it comes. Here, the opportunities are limitless for those who dare to pursue bold ideas that exist just beyond the boundary of possibility. Join us and make impact happen with a career at TikTok.
As a member of the data science and product analytics team, you will work with diverse and highly collaborative teams of product managers, engineers, and other data analysts to drive product impact. You will be working on exciting projects to provide the best user experiences to create, consume and enjoy content on Tiktok. You will have the opportunity to define metrics and identify opportunities from one of the richest data sets in the world, and convert the insights into real changes, for both new initiatives and scaled products. You are a self-starter who is excited about data, excels in product logic thinking, clear communication, and brings distinctive problem-solving skills and impeccable business judgment.
What You'll Do
- Work with the product team to size the potential impact of "problems-to-solve" for our business
- Develop comprehensive product metrics and quantitative measurement structure based on product stages and business purposes.
- Implement standardized product reports, ad hoc queries, and data related projects
- Design and implement reporting dashboards and the associated data pipeline to deliver insights and improve the workflows of internal teams
- Partner closely with key stakeholders to optimize overall product adoption and performance driven growth. Provide suggestions for improvements to align with the business goal
- Measure and visualize the effectiveness of product updates, conduct research and analysis on various business processes to identify business problems, and further provide optimization suggestions to improve operating efficiency
Who We're Looking For
- 5+ years industry experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- Ability to conduct rigorous analysis and communicate conclusions to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience in business analysis, and product analysis
- Proficiency in SQL, Python
- Solid communication and collaboration skills with the ability to work effectively with internal teams in a cross-cultural and cross-functional environment
- Proven ability to succeed in an innovative and fast-paced environment
Even better if:
- Master's degree in data analytics related fields
- Product management experience is a plus
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.
TikTok is committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process. If you need assistance or accommodation, please reach out to us at email@example.com
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Real People, Real Videos.